Monday, October 27, 2008

FILLER :)

While I am working on another post, I thought I would give you a little crafty filler, that I borrowed from JOY.  :)

I had purchased some loose leaves from the dollar tree to decorate my topiary with. Well I did not use near as many as I bought, so now I have like 2 1/2 bags of leaves.

leaves

I figured I would just put them back for next year, until I saw this post over at Joys of Home.  Oh my gosh, I can so totally do this.  So I went out and got me some Styrofoam balls.

Once I got them, I painted them just in case any of the Styrofoam were to show thru.

leaves4

Then I started hotglueing leaves all over those suckers.

DSC_0254

Once I covered every little bit with my leaves, I had this....

 

What? You don't see a finished product?  That's because I forgot to take a picture before I put them in the bowl. 

Here is a picture of the two leaf balls I made and then added to a bowl.

DSC_0256

You like my little bowl?  I got it at a yardsale for 50 cents.

The acorns and little pine cones, I got at TJ Maxx.

leaves3

Its not my favorite display, too much brown going on.  The leaf balls are also sorta hidden in all that stuff in the bowl.  Not sure where I am going to put them yet. 

Jennifer, do you recognize the tree?  I purchased that at thrift store when Jennifer and I met and went thrifting and antiquing.  I just added a bow.  :)

ValSig1

14 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very very cute..I love it!!!
-Sandy toes

Lisa said...

That prize that Mama has for you would look great with this display. AND it would add a different color besides brown. You'll have to go see Mama to claim your prize.

Lisa

Valarie Lea said...

Thank you Lisa for reminding me, but I already went to get it. It would look good there :)

Suzie said...

Youre one crafty gal

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Very festive! I love fall decor!

You are so creative! I love seeing what you are up to!

Blessings!
Lacy

Lisa said...

You are so welcome. Its my job.

Lisa

Muthering Heights said...

You blow me away with your craftiness! They are absolutely beautiful!

Southerner said...

Did you get my comment that you are welcome to the vanity? Just pick a time and it is here. I mentioned that I could take more photos if you need me to.

I like your filler balls of leaves. I have no pumpkin yet. Nada. You have like 50. And hay. I don't have hay. I haven't hung my wreath. Nothing. When you get the vanity you can decorate my house.

Georgia Girl said...

Yeah I saw that post that Joy did...they looked so simple to do and now you reminded me I have several packs of leaves also still in the package so I need to run to get me some styrofoam balls also...yeah go ahead I am going to be a copy cat too..hehehe...love your tree also...can't wait to see where you put yours.

Holly said...

I really like the way it turned out. What great texture and color!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

now that's doable! very cool idea!

Brandi said...

That is so cute!

j said...

See Syd? She did NOT paint it black. :)

Great ideas and so festive looking. I haven't done much fall decorating. Christmas is my big decorating season.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

awww pretty!