Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Awwww aren't we cute!!

 

 

This is my sister Robin and myself.....

scan

Just look at Robin's cheeks!  I think we were probably 6 and 4.  This would be during the stage of Robin's hair was so curly and fuzzy, you couldn't get a comb through it.  This would also be pre-short hair for me.  This is about the time I wanted to be Donny Osmond and right before Momma cut my hair off, because I would not stop chewing on it.

We are sitting on the bottom bed of our bunk beds.  They were two twin beds, that would stack on top of each other.  Held securely together by sitting one bed atop little 1 inch high knobs on the end of each post of the other bed. 

Robin claims that my nieces Amanda and Lisa and myself (my nieces are older than me) pushed her off the top bunk.  I think she was just sitting to close to the edge and lost her balance.  Because I would never do such a thing, and neither would Amanda or Lisa.

Oh and don't you just love the wallpaper!  That wall paper was there until I was probably about 14.  I can remember there was a stain on the wallpaper from some chocolate ice cream.  I also remember going to bed crying in that bottom bunk, because I had watched the movie King Kong  and he died.  Oh the memories a picture can bring back.  :)

 

For more great memories, go visit Kristin at We are THAT family.

fro1

 

ValSig1

21 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I love to see these "old" pictures of you and your sis .....they remind me of my sister and the good old days ;)

Mike Golch said...

great photo of you and your sis.
I love the old photos as well. If I had a flat scanner I'd be posting some of the old ones as well.

Tim said...

Hey Val Great Post.

I just love going back and looking at old photos. Memories as kids are the best!

Tim

Tim said...

BTW,

I hope its ok, I put a link to your blog on ours. I didnt think you would mind.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

awh..your parents where so good to take so many..man I must have been poor cause I ran out of "fro" pix a long time ago..

cute cute cute

littletoesandcheerios said...

You two look so cute. My hair looked like that when I was around that age too. Except I had a big "cowlick" in the front...LOL Your Donny Osmond comment is cracking me up.


And my girl has hair like Robins.

Tamara Jansen said...

Aren't SISTER's just the best thing in the world?!

Heather said...

I think my best friend had the same bunk beds. I kinda like the wallpaper in a retro way. Not for on a wall, though!

Suzie said...

Poor KK that movie always made me sad too

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, I am so glad to get a comment in early. Usually there are about 20 in front of me. Anyway, you know how my memory is. I thought I always had both beds on the floor, but judging from the pic I guess not. Both of you were darling little girls (and Lisa too of course). I am so lucky to have 3 wonderful, beauty daughters. And Heather, you have to remember the wallpaper was put up in the very late 70's (very retro), but I will say it was left up too long. Val, did you get the picture of Robin at about 18 mo. standing in front of the fridge with the very, very, kinky, fuzzy hair? I think she was crying. It is very cute and funny. (Sorry Robin) And how about the one of Lisa making biscuits. Too hysterical. (Sorry Lisa) I ran across another picture you may want. I doooo love all three of you very much. (How many times did I use the word "very"? LOL

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love your old pictures..they are great..what a great memory you have..."stain on the wallpaper"!
Wow!
-sandy toe

Kristen said...

This picture reminds me of me and my sister and our shared room and tangled hair :D

j said...

You know, I look at that picture and I am a little jealous. Being an only child til I was 14 (and then my world crumbled around me) there aren't photos of me with a sibling. No one to share the awkwardness with. No one to share the cuteness (like this photo) with. No shared sisterly - nesses.

You lucky duck!

Muthering Heights said...

You still looked cute...long or "Donny Osmond" hair.

Anonymous said...

I remeber very well the night yall pushed me off the top bunk!!!!! Yall thought that yall were just to good to hand around lil ol cute me!!

Ruth Ann said...

Great photo and great memories! It's funny how just a simple photo can bring soo many memories! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...

Saw your pic andpopped over. Love the retro shot!!! Cute Blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the wall paper!

Tammy said...

It's is amazing how one little photo brings back a whole host of memories. I love it!

Cute pictures!

UtahJenny said...

Great photo - I have to admit, I loved Donny Osmond, but never wanted to BE him! Interesting!!!

Rhea said...

Such bizarre memories! Ice cream stains, king kong dying. lol Cute though. And it is neat what memories a photo can bring back, I hear ya.