Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wii have a problem!

 

Someone in my house is addicted to the Wii, and its not me.

Its not Syd....

SYD2

 

Its not Jessie.....

DSC_0502

 

Its this precious one.....

Logan

 

You see last night as he was on his 2nd hour of Lego Star Wars, after an hour of me telling him to get off the thing. I know I should have just shut the thing off, but no I let it go on.

His daddy, walked in and told him, he had until he got out of the shower to be off the Wii.  That didn't happen either, now he is grounded from it and his Nintendo DS.

When I got home from work, I found a sweaty, crying, freaking out little boy.  I asked him, "Logan baby what is wrong".  This is the answer I get......

"I can't live with out it!!! I can't breath, I am shaking all over, I NEED to play the Wii!!! (seriously he said this!)

My 8 year old is having Wii withdrawals. 

I leave the room and a little while later he comes to me and says, "Momma, please go into the living room with Daddy, I need to talk to both of you."

So here I go in the living room, and then here comes Logan....

"I do not think it is fair that I am grounded from the Wii.  How was I supposed to know WHEN Daddy got out of the shower.  I need to be able to play the Wii, please, please, please, let me play the Wii!!!!"

Big Logan, Syd and I are trying not to laugh, ok Big Logan and I are trying not to laugh Syd on the other hand is laughing hysterically.

I tell him to let me and Daddy discuss it and maybe we can come up with a compromise.  He runs out of the room while saying "yeah, you and Daddy compromise!"

He comes back in to get the verdict.  He can play his DS for 1 hour tonight and resume playing the Wii tomorrow.  After several minutes of back and forth negotiations, he finally agreed with the verdict handed down.

I pray we have no more Wiithdrawals tonight.  It could be a long night.......

ValSig1

26 comments:

tammi said...

Too funny! Poor guy. Now you've got something to compare drugs with and why he needs to leave those alone!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh yes...it can be addicting...what a cutie!
-sandy toe

Mike Golch said...

Blogging can be just addicting as well as getting caought up in things like twitter entrecard as I have done. I'm taking steps to correct this.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

man this is all to familar..my 10 yr old has done just the very same..and really why do "we compromise" our sanity..geesh!

Tammy said...

I am NOT addicted to the Wii. Ahem. Facebook might be another story.

Poor guy. My 9 year old could be like that. We had to hand down the NO Wii during the Wii-eek and only on Wii-kends. Now there is no asking. :-)

The Southern Mom said...

Wiiiii! Raising children is so much fun!

D... said...

Ah yes. That has happened here a time or two. And my son knows absolutely how to make it more miserable for us than for him. ;) He's learning that that makes it worse tho. I pray I can survive raising him! Ha!

Courtney said...

Hilarious!

Valarie. You're not supposed to make him go cold turkey. You're supposed to wean him off slowly.

:)

Unknown said...

How funny I understand I do the samething with certain games. cute

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I heard they were very addictive....I wish I felt that way about Wii fit!

Muthering Heights said...

Oh man, that is SO FUNNY! I'm sorry to laugh at his pain, but that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time...he's worse than a girl grounded from the phone!!!

Mrs4444 said...

He'll live. I hope.

I'm giving you an award tomorrow. I'll catch up with your blog this weekend; the award post took too much out of me tonight! :) Just wanted to let you know...

littletoesandcheerios said...

Kinda sounds familiar like us with our blogs and facebook...oh no!
Good luck and I hope he gets better before he has to go to Wii Anonymous meetings!

j said...

Addictions with no recovery program.

That boy has got a whoooooole lot of drama going on. Very persuasive!

And the picture of him was AWESOME.

Tim said...

Val,

That is so funny. We have a Wii and a Playstation3, and yes they are both very addicting. Especially Rockband.

Give him a time frame and that way he knows when he has to get off. Just an idea.

Simply_Pam said...

I work with additions in a rehab.I think you might need to do an intervention at some point..Wii are all addicted to one thing or the other...poor baby..withdrawal always hurts!Who knew when Wii came out it would become job sercuity for me!!LOL

jen@odbt said...

That's a lot of drama over the Wii but it's happened in my house, too. My almost 8 y.o. thinks it's the end of the world when he's on any type of restriction especially with his electronics. I'm with The Roost...I wish I was more addicted to my Wii Fit.

Archie Mck said...

Haha, I'm glad you could come to a "compromise." ;-)

Cara has rules like this in our house too. Er, for the kids...

Southerner said...

I am serious as a heart attack- while I was reading this my 9 year old came and said something to me. I was reading so did not zone in to listen so he tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Mom, since we cleaned up and we have 10 minutes can we play the WII?" Ten minutes, I am checking blogs and they want WII. We all have problems.

Your son sounds like he has a little "only boy and I am cute as a button" syndrome. That is hilarious! We need to get our boys together one day- they could play WII.

Tamara Jansen said...

Our XBOX just got ruined in the flood last week and I was considering replacing it with a Wii.....hmmmmm.....after this post......maybe not :)

Thanks for the heads up!

dawnkristine said...

Last night I was working, and this morning I asked my 3year old what she did last night, she stated,"watched Jurnee (my 6yr old) & Dad Wii." I guess it is getting out of hand here too...but it sure is fun!

Suzie said...

Scary.. and very funny

TidyMom said...

Oh that's too funny!!! I feel for the boy though! That would be ME and my computer!! LOL

~Tidymom

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOL!!!! Poor little guy!


I laughed when I read what Syd said about Brock. I will have to show him Sydney! She is a doll. And Brock is a good boy...not just saying that cause he is mine. I got lucky. Great kid. I hope Elaina (my daughter) finds a guy much like her brother one day.

YKDWhat? said...

Wiithdrawls.
adorable! I shall use that sometime.

Rhea said...

OMG, lil Logan is hilarious. Seriously cracking me up.