Thursday, February 19, 2009

And it continues...

 

DSC_0789

Today is the first day of our softball season!  To say that I am excited it an understatement.  Yet with that excitement comes some wonderful memories and anticipation for the future.  You see last year was Jessie's last year for softball.  Gosh I am getting teary eyed again just thinking about it.  She has been playing softball since she was five, and I had a harder time letting go last year than she did.

DSC_0757

Jessie walking away after her last game ever.. :(

DSC_0754

getting a hug from a fellow player

 

Now the legacy will continue. 

See Jessie and Sydney are four years apart, which means Jessie graduated last year, and Syd started to the high school this year.  So we are starting all over with high school softball with Syd this year.  Like she did in middle school, she has taken her sisters number.  Maybe I wont cry tonight.

DSC_0467

This is the look I always get when I take her picture while she is playing ball. :)

Don't believe me?? Let me show you....

DSC_0459

DSC_0460

Last night I came home to hear Syd complaining.  She was complaining about all the stains, Jessie had left on the uniform.  :)

DSC_0771

Jess about to steal a base and slide to get the uniform dirty

I think when Syd graduates I am asking for the uniforms.  They can just retire their number. 

DSC_0702

Ok I have to stop writing this now before I start crying my eyes out at work.

 

For more Sincerely Fro Me to You's go to Kristen's place at We are THAT family.

fro1

ValSig1

20 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

This post is close to my heart...I played softball since I was five...I remember my dad making me throw 100 balls one night when I was having a sleepover...all my friends waited on the step....it payed off though! I made Varsity as a freshman...then my senior year offered two sports scholarships...I love softball but it's been a while since I threw one;(!
-sandy toe

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear that your middle daughter is continuing the tradition.

Burgh Baby said...

They grow up waaaay too fast. Maybe you should have another one so you can keep the legacy going? *ducks to avoid flying shoes*

Kasey said...

I miss softball. I loved playing 1st base. Doing the splits was my specialty. Enjoy the next 4 years with your daughter!!

Archie Mck said...

Sydney's look is cracking me up!

I remember when my parents would carry around cameras at sporting events and I would hate it when they tried to take pictures of me. Now I think every "good" picture of me has me frowning at the camera...
Hang in there Sydney!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Aw, that is sad, for her and you as well. These are the things I will be going through in the future. :(

Mc Allen said...

Omgoash, she seriously looks super imposed in the ither pics because her look is sactlyyyyy tye same, so funny!! what a good mama you are val, and you made me feeeeel your softball fever!! what beautiful girls , and mama too!!! hugs LA

Ashley said...

Oh I know that's sad! At least you'll have 4 more years of excitement!! Just don't think about how you'll feel after that... enjoy these moments. Ha!

D... said...

I think it would be awesome if you could have their uniforms. How special!

Happy Mommy said...

Enjoy the game tonight!

The Southern Mom said...

Awwww...that's so sweet. When my son graduated, 'Bama Girl got his tuba in band. Family traditions!

Georgia Girl said...

Awhh Valarie I know exactly what you mean...my Tabitha is 29 now but her jr & high school days of cheering and then at college was greatbut that last day was the worse...funny yours are doing softball...I just signed Lexi up today for tee ball at the rec...so I am excited about this just know how qucik she will be in high school and me in my walker...hehehe

Kristen said...

I can't believe I teared up at a softball post!

Tammy said...

So, sweet. And your pictures are so great!

Anonymous said...

Time marches on, eh? Love that sideways look she gives you!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

The pictures are great and so are the memories. Hope this season is great!

Anonymous said...

Well you made me cry - Hope the season goes well for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

okay you could have atleast put pictures on there from this year!!! i mean seriously i look ROUGH in the other pictures

j said...

Aw, that makes me want to cry too. Babies grow up too fast!!!

Your girls are so beautiful.

Rhea said...

That's so cool. So cool Syd is taking up where her sister left off, same uniforms and everything. You're making so smile and want to cry at the same time!