Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Leaf blower Huh?

***You may be seeing this post twice. How and why there are two I don't know, but I have comments on both so they will both be staying. Sorry for any confusion. :)***

A couple of weeks ago I did a post, that ended with some pictures my sister had taken of me. Pictures using a leaf blower.

1 resized

Several people mentioned maybe needing to use a leaf blower in their pictures, so I thought I would give you a little insight on picture taking with a leaf blower.

Mama's birthday was on the 29th, so we celebrated it up at the photography studio my sister Deta has. (There are several stories coming from this shin dig, so this is one of many) Rundown of people there. Mama, Me, Lisa, Robin, Deta, Kristi (Lisa's BFF), and Syd.

During the course of the evening Deta started taking pictures of the others there, with the leaf blower. The following pictures were not taken by Deta, but rather by anyone who got my camera at any given moment.

First Kristi was up......

kristi

She was not to sure about this whole process.....

DSC_0771

Me checking out the picture......

DSC_0772

I like it, I really really like it!!!!!!

Deta started doing some pictures of her with out the leaf blower, so since I was holder of the leaf blower I started practicing on Robin.

DSC_0774

DSC_0775

Then the leaf blower turned on me....

DSC_0779

I must say its a good way to get a face lift for a moment.

DSC_0782

Robins turn...

DSC_0786

Lisa giving the stinkeye to someone :).......

Then it came time for Mama's turn (syd got tired of waiting).....

DSC_0798

While Mama was sitting in the chair (not that one up there) waiting to get her picture taken, the unthinkable happened. The boom light with the 15 pound weight on it, that we used for lighting fell over onto Mama's head!!!!!

DSC_0802

She had a big ole' goose egg going on.

She had also just gotten her hair done that day, and I believe that's what saved her from being hurt any worse than she was. Because her hair was not moving. I think the boom light just bounced right off.

DSC_0804

Deta felt so bad... :(

DSC_0806

But Mama said don't worry about it I am fine!! :)

DSC_0807

Moral of the story, leaf blowers can be fun to play with, but stay away from boom lights.

MAMA

ValSig1

15 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my her poor head!!! A leaf blower???Wow..that is creative!
-sandy toe

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Bless her heart!!!! Poor Mama! She took it in stride. I cant beleive Sud pootered out. Her pics would've been great. Valarie, I think it is safe to say that you were born with the worlds best head of hair.

I am so getting the leaf blower out and doing this.

D... said...

Ouch! Glad your mama is ok!

Courtney said...

Oh, your poor mama! Glad she's okay.

So where are the leaf blower pics of everybody else?

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

now we know the rest of the story!

Poor momma!

j said...

I am putting a *virtual kiss* on top of her boo boo. I am Sooo sorry that your Mama got hurt.

Valarie, she is GORGEOUS! No wonder you are such a beautiful woman - you have great genes!

Awesome photographs!!

Simply_Pam said...

Ok I know have only had 3 hours sleep sense getting off work this morning.. am I seeing double or did you post this twice..? Hope Mom is doing ok bless her Big motherly heart !

Tammy said...

Awwww, Mama! Taking one for the team, in the name of the leaf blower. What a strong woman! :-)

Are you trying to say your Mama has helmet hair?

Trina said...

Ouch! Poor Momma!!! I know that had to hurt. She is a very beautiful lady. :-)

Lisa said...

Gee Val...I'm hoping thats not the best picture of me taken all night. Although with a mug like mine its got to be bad. :)

Mama looks pretty! That picture doesn't do her head gash justice. I remember it being MUCH worse. Of course maybe I was just panicking.

We'll have to go back for part 2 of the girl's night out.

TidyMom said...

Ouch!!
I agree, where are everyone elses leaf blower pictures?
We did this as kids with a blow dryer! LOL

What fun to have a sister as a photographer!

~Tidymom

mah-meeee said...

you gals always have so much fun! i still very much LOVE that picture of you.

your poor mama... such a great sport. did she get a great picture taken anyway?

j said...

I spotted your TEE-Tiny little thumbnail pic on someone's followers list and thought - "THAT is a new one." So I came over here to check out your profile and tell you "FWEET FWOOR" (that was a whistle) "You are looking GAWGous!"

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Glad she's okay.
Did you ever see that Youtube of the newscaster being hit by a falling light? Kind of funny, although I don't really understand why we laugh at that stuff!
She is a beautiful woman.

Anonymous said...

Your Mama has such a beautiful smile !! :D