Saturday, July 12, 2008

SHE'S CRAFTY!!!

Have you ever been to the beach and collected all those beautiful shells? You have me too!! When you get ready to leave, do you have a good place to put the shells? No? Me either!

That is until now. I saw this really cute idea on a blog somewhere, I don't even really remember where. It may have been over at the Tip Junkie. Anyway someone was making these container to hold you "treasures" that you find at the beach. They were making and selling these things. Now if I had not been just oozing with craftiness lately, I might have bought one. I thought to my self, "Self, you can make that thing!" So I did. Ok Well Syd made it, but I thought of the whole idea. Ok well whoever I got the idea from thought of it. I was just the facilitator of the idea. The middle man, middle management, the person who bought the stuff, but did not have time to actually do it.

So you will need you the following:

A clear container with a lid.

Something sort of like this just with out the beans. :)

1b49_sm

Paint Pens

Not necessarily these, but you know what I mean.

21337-1069-2ww-m

I also used these

Foam_Sea_Life_Shapes

Then my assistant took the container and decorated it. Like this.....

DSC_0448

DSC_0458

DSC_0459

DSC_0460

DSC_0461

Awww isn't that sweet!!! She wrote "I love you bubba" on the bottom. :)

DSC_0462

DSC_0463

So now when we go to the beach Logan can take this down there, with him to bring his treasures back safe and sound.

Next time on She's Crafty, I promise to show you what I was doing with those other magnets. If you don't know what I am talking about go here.

ValSig1

14 comments:

Misty said...

Super cute! This is an idea worth stealing!

littletoesandcheerios said...

You guys are on a roll! Martha has nothing on the two of you!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

Rhea said...

Great craft idea! Simple, easy, fun and involves the beach, I'm all for it. LOVE it.

WE used to gather shells on the beach and put them in glass jars for decoration but not with the cute extras you've added. Like it!

Anonymous said...

I luv arts and crafts! Cute!

KWolfAK said...

That is a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it with us. I never know what to do with all the treasures Henry brings home!

Kimmie said...

Hi Valerie!!!

I just want to give you a quick comment to let you know I will be by again to visit and catch up on all the back posts as soon as my sister and my nieces leave to go home to Washington State on Tuesday afternoon. I have missed you so much and thank you for visiting my blog while I have been pretty much away. I have tried to post one thing a day, just to keep it from looking like I up and quit.

You are a sweetie, and I LOVE your daughter's crafty side! What an adorable jar she made. I think that was so thoughtful of her.:-)

Okay, gotta run, more company coming at 4:00pm...I am so worn out.

Talk to you soon!
Love and Hugs,
Kimmie

Kerry said...

My 20 year old still brings home sea shells every trip to the beach. I will have to show her this. Cute!

Woman said...

I think I will have my girls make those magnets for grandparent Christmas gifts!

Life on the farm... said...

Yall have a good time at the beach!Come back with some more cute ideas!

Joanna said...

I would have never thought about something like that! Thanks. My kids love to pick up and collect shells and we put them in a not so cute (walmart/target/winn dixie) bag! So stylish, I tell ya!

j said...

I think that you should title your posts "Hey Jen... Don't click away...this is a different post!"

I came by and thought that it was the other one - see I know your blog so well I remember the titles BEFORE the pictures download.

SO. I have been here and I am here again.

Commenting this time.

I like this Crafty kick that you are on. My kiddos love to make stuff like that but I am not always... supportive. I like for them to just "go play" sometimes.

THAT is why I am not mother of the year. Among other things.

She is really pretty in that pic.. New glasses?

Jen

Happy Mommy said...

That is a great idea!!!!

Tammy said...

I SO have one of these in my future. It is day 2 of the beach trip and we have shells galore! By Saturday they'll need their own suitcase!