Wednesday, September 3, 2008

She's Crafty

 

Oh did you miss me and my craftiness?  I know you did.  :) 

So this is not about what I mentioned in my previous post.   I am not ready for that just yet.  I am showing you this really cute and easy project I found over at Joys of Home.  I have been so excited about this and finally got the time to do it. 

First go and get a  wooded plaque.  You can get one at Hobby Lobby, depending on the size, determines the price.

DSC_0674

Today we are going to work on the one on the left.  Get some spray paint, in whatever color you choose.  I chose black.  I have just got started in my black phase, so bear with all the blackness you may see coming up.  :)

Oops! Sorry I forgot to get a picture of it after I painted it.

Now take some scrapbook paper.  Again whatever kind floats your boat. I chose this nice harlequin pattern.  I have it left over from yet another project I did, which you will see later.  That craft room is just bringing out the craftiness.

DSC_0682

Now I took spray adhesive and sprayed on the plaque.

Then I lined up the scrapbook paper on the plaque the way I wanted it. 

Then I let that dry for just a bit.

Once it was relatively dry, I took some fine sandpaper and sanded where the paper and plaque met.  This sands the overhang of the paper off the plaque.

Sorry I don't have pictures of all those steps. I forgot to do that, but this is what it will look like next.

DSC_0683

(pay no attention to the bubble)

I added a thin layer of Modge-Podge on top of the scrapbook paper.

Next I took the letter "M".

DSC_0668

I painted it a coordinating gold color.  When it dried, I hotglued it to the plaque.

TA-DA!!

I now have a cute little plaque with our initial on it.  :)

DSC_0685

DSC_0689

Hmmm that "M' matches the wall pretty well.  I wonder where I got that gold paint I used? ;)

For lots more cool crafty and designs ideas, go visit Joy.  She is just awesome! :)

 

ValSig1

10 comments:

Rhea said...

That looks great! Very cool. You made it simple and easy looking. :o) I really like the way it turned out.

Joy said...

Your M project turned out great! It looks like your get away/craft room is getting a lot of use!

Life on the farm... said...

I think I like it!

Mike Golch said...

Nice.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Now that's a fun and creative way to show/share your families pride!

Kimmie said...

Hey Valerie!

Oh how neat that project was! I have a whole box of those pieces of wood. Someone gave them to me and I had no idea what to do with them. Thank You for sharing this, now I will play around with them. I must have 20 of them in all different shapes.

I love what you are doing with the glass ornaments. I can't wait till you share what exactly you are doing. And I wanna see how your craft room is looking! I have a few things listed on ebay right now. Plus a bunch of patterns. You can see my auctions here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330266453084&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014

On the side of the Witch Hat Auction you will see in purple "See other items from this seller" or something similiar to that. If you click on it you will see all of my auctions. Just thought you would like to take a peek. My ebay name is Whispering*Prims.

Have a wonderful night!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Brandi said...

that is so cute... I need to do something like that for JW! It would be cute to do in his room...

MommyGirl said...

That does look cool!

j said...

Well aren't YOU somethin'. I like it very much. What bubble? I didn't see a bubble... it looked perfect to me.

Birdie said...

looks great!!!