Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fro me to you - Trunk or Treat

 

Its getting close to that time of year again.  Time to pull out the costumes and scare take the children trick-or-treating.  Wait a minute though, shouldn't we be worried about razors in apples or tainted candy??????  I am definitely not taking my little one to strangers houses.  I mean not when I can dress up also and have lots of fun!!!  We do  what is called a Trunk or Treat at our church.  This is where you dress yourself and your car up and hand out candy in the church parking lot.  We always have lots of people participate and we have a blast.  At least I know I do.  :)

Now technically you are supposed to decorate the trunk of your car, but we bend the rule a bit and decorate an easy up, ya know one of those pop up canopy things.  Some people have even been know to take up about 5 parking spots and bring in a boat, while portraying the whole Gilligan's Island Cast.

gilligan

I am sure you are wondering what in the world this has to do with Fro Me to You.  Well I am getting to that.  I have not put any of mine and Melinda's trunk or treat escapades in a scrapbook yet so technically I am within the guidelines.  I am going to take you down memory lane with me and show you some of our ideas we have had for Trunk or Treat in the past

(Please note the picture quality is not very good on some of these)

2004 - 1950's Malt Shop

50s 60s

2005 - The Big Top

100_1160

100_1147 BIGEYES

100_1163  MEYOUMICHELLE

(Girl in middle is not a clown, she is one of our friends)

 

2006 - Willy Wonka

willywonka

Aren't we precious Oompa Loompa's  :)

Just a side note be very careful, when you paint your eyebrows with white craft paint and glitter.  That stuff is hard to come off.

By the way this particular trunk or treat was inside because of rain.

2007 - Lucy and the Chocolate Factory

LEBW

100_2490

We even had a working conveyor belt and everything!

2008- ?????????????

Hmmm what will we come up with this year??????

 

You just never know what we might come up with, or what we might do.  I would be afraid if I were you, very very afraid.  (insert evil laugh here)

 

For more fun go over to Kristen's at We are THAT Family and get your laugh on for the day.

frolink1

ValSig1

27 comments:

j said...

OOH OOH OOH! Michael Jackson's Thriller!! That could be cute!

Because let's face it. Y'all were clowns and Zombies are not any scarier than clowns.

tammi said...

I love the trunk or treat idea, but I'm beginning to believe that's a warmer climate kind of thing. It's WAY too cold already up here at Halloween for people to want to be outdoors for any amount of time. We've usually had our first snow by then!! (although it generally doesn't stay on the ground until mid-November) The kids still do door-to-door trick-or-treating up here, but either their costumes are covered by winter parkas or the more inventive costumes are designed to fit over TOP or even incorporate the parka. I'm dead serious.

You are obviously VERY creative and it looks like you have every bit as great a time as the little kids do! I'm looking forward to pictures of this year!

Birdie said...

that was so much fun! You've got more energy than I do, that's for sure *L*

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

you did some great acts...they'll be hard to follow but I'm sure your gonna nail it again!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Ooo you are scaring me! It's that laugh! Who knows what you will come up with...but,I know it'll be great.

Madi & I are going to be black cats for our church's trick or trunk.

Connie said...

Oh how fun. You gals are very creative in your trunk or treatin'.

By the way, I'm so jealous that you got to met Jen from the Dust Bunny Hostage. I so want to meet someone from Blogland. You know connect a voice to words. Maybe someday.
~Connie

Muthering Heights said...

Your family is SO creative! I love all of your themes...can I bring my kids to your church? LOL!

Kristen said...

I love this idea...wishing I went to your church!

Can't wait to hear about this years!

Woman said...

The oompa loopas really freaked me out. I don't like that movie!

Tammy said...

GET OUTTA HERE! You are SO creative and the Lucy is the best one. I can't wait to see what you do this year.

heidi said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys are so creative!!

Valarie said...

I am loving the oompa loompa costume! That's just awesome! You would be my kids' hero. I can't wait to see what you are this year.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Those are great ideas! And I love the disclaimer about the girl in the middle not a clown. It made me chuckle.
Left you some blog bling at my place

Anonymous said...

Hi Val, I am just now catching up on your blog. I went thru Pointe
Clear several years ago, and have always wanted to go back. It's a beautiful place and there you are without me. Maybe some day I can get back. Love ya.

marky said...

Great pics! What fun!

Life on the farm... said...

cute cute cute... and last year we got jipped, I mean who would of thought letting little kids win....just not fair!

Crayl said...

Can't decide if Gilligan's Island is my favorite, or if the Lucy/Ethel candy adventure is. One church I went to did Trunk or Treat, it was fun. Of course it would have been way more fun with you all there!

a Tonggu Momma said...

These are AMAZING! I love every one of them. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with this year.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh my goodness, I love them all. My favorite is the Lucy and Ethel. We do trunk or treat at our church too. This year the best decorated "trunk" wins a gift. You just know I have to win. I have been thinking about doing a post to gather up some ideas. I might have to pick your brain alittle...LOL Nancy

mah-meeee said...

you guys are so creative! every year looked so fun... can't wait to see your trunk or treat this year!

Jerralea said...

We've done Trunk or Treat at our Fall Festivals for several years now -- but WE haven't dressed up. Never thought of it!

I love the Ethel / Lucy get up.

carrie said...

I can't wait to see this year's trunk and costumes! You guys are amazing!

Suzie said...

Wow impressive. Im always proud of myself when I slap on a pirate hat

Rhea said...

What a cute idea! I love the ooma loompas!!

That one person, in 2005 big top....scary. The large woman/beast. lol

Anonymous said...

You guys are so creative!! I love the oompas.

D... said...

Ya'll are so fun!!!!

Mrs4444 said...

What a great idea! Trunk or Treat would be a blast! Kinda cold for that here, though...although tomorrow's forecast is 74!! I look forward to hearing about what you do this year!