Monday, December 15, 2008

A,B,C,D,E..........

A few weeks ago Chris at Just a girl, had this party, about easy projects that even I can do. While visiting all the Mr. Linky links, I came across this really cool idea from Andrea at Big Creek Cottage. I said to myself, "Self that is so stinkin cute, you have got to try it!". So I did, tonight, cause I needed to get away to my crafty happy place. That lasted all of five minutes before someone (Syd) found me and started repeating over and over and over again, "So you got any projects you want me to work on! Huh, huh, do ya, do ya!!!!!" My happy place was lost. :( I ventured on though and finished MY project. :)

You will need the following items:

A canvas board thing (yes I do know what I am doing, sorta) I used an 8 x 10, but you could go smaller if you wanted.

Initial of choice, blown up to size of choice to be traced on canvas of choice

Tracing paper (grey, not white, believe me white does not work on white)

Lots of crayons

DSC_0114

Now I took the letter and lined it up oh so carefully (eyeballed) on the Canvas with the tracing paper in between

DSC_0116

It should leave chosen initial on chosen canvas

DSC_0117

Now here is the tricky part. Cut the crayons to fit your initial. The tricky part is deciding what piece should go where, and which way, and which color.

DSC_0121

When your done, it should look a lot better than mine, but this was my first time and Syd approved so I guess it was all right. Also as you noticed I have the teachers name beside the initial. I traced that also and then went over it with a paint pen. I framed it in a shadow box frame, because I was afraid of the crayon's getting hit and knocked off. You could just use a frame with no glass if you wanted to. Whatever floats your boat.

DSC_0127 DSC_0123

All in all this was a very easy and quick project. I give it two thumbs up!

ValSig1

24 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

A great teacher's gift!

To bad I already got them something!

LOVE it!

I'm making those coasters!

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is just so cute! I love it..even for a kids room..wow!
-sandy toes

Anonymous said...

That's cute!!

Unknown said...

so cute I might make one for my sister she is a teacher cute idea! I don't know where the ornament is from but I will try to find out!

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet idea!

Tammy said...

*gasp* you have to break the crayons?!

Just kidding....I am not THAT type-A. And it certainly is a cute project!!

Kasey said...

Super cute idea! That would be a great project for my little boy and then we could hang them in our playroom.

Anonymous said...

CUTE!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

GREAT IDEA! You are turning into little Ms Crafty ;)

marky said...

how cute is that!

Southerner said...

That is really cute.

Debbie said...

That is really cute!

Louise said...

SO CUTE!!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

How cute for a teacher or even just a kids room! Someday I will try to do some of these crafts! Meanwhile, I'm chasing a 21 month old!
I love it...great idea.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Precious...I LOVE it! You think I can crank out 5 of those before Friday?

Anonymous said...

YEs...this is great...You RoCk! OK...how did you cut your crayons? I used my sharpest pampered chef knife and wiped off the blade between each color?! Looks great. I think the teachers are going to LOVe it!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to make my own teacher gift for our classroom - love this idea. thanks for sharing.
~nicole

cherry said...

THAT is tooo cute. Great gift idea. cherry

DD said...

Oh my gosh I've been missin you child. Sorry I've not been reading its been insane x 400. You ok?

DD said...

Here's the link to the Christmas Story print. http://snowgoosegallery.com/pc-1080-44-christmas-story-by-americana-artist-paul-landry.aspx

j said...

Very Cute.

BTW...Are you OK? I am sensing a little Ditzy Cartwheel happening in your life. Drink some eggnog, I think you will be OK :)

j said...

I gave you a Twilight shout out on my blog!! I think you will be impressed because there is a photo of Edward on it.

and NO I haven't finished the book yet:( Christmas is interfering with my reading time!!

Rhea said...

That's really cute!! I love it. A great gift idea for kids and teachers.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That is so very cute!!