Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And were off!!!

The Christmas gatherings have begun!

This weekend we had Christmas with Logan's side of the family at our house.  We always have different Chili's and Soups, Bar-B-Que, and lots of desserts. 

Lets meet some of the family ok :)

DSC_0896

Wyatt

DSC_0926

Hoyt

DSC_0920

Taylor

DSC_0897

Jessie and Justin (no they are not married)

DSC_0907

Syd

DSC_0939

Logan

DSC_0908

Charis

So those are the grandbabies.

Now just some random shots of the day, that way you can feel like you are there in the action!

DSC_0911

This is Jeff and Stacy.  Stacy is Vader's Mom. Go check her out you will be glad you did.  If you like reading, she does some great book reviews.

DSC_0903

DSC_0923

DSC_0901

n574139467_1743573_6940

Me, My SIL Gina, and Stacy

DSC_0914

DSC_0921

DSC_0935

Always together just like when they were little. 

I know this post has a bazillion pictures, but bear with me people.

I don't know when it started, but at some point in the past at some Christmas long ago, Gag gifts started appearing from Santa Clause.  Not everyone gets one (Thank goodness), but depending on what has gone on during the year, you may or may not get one.  This year Granny and Jessie got something.

DSC_0934 DSC_0931

DSC_0932 DSC_0930

Honey, Lemon Juice, Peppermint, and Whiskey.  All the ingredients for Granny's special recipe Medicine.  Used only for Medicinal purposes!  :)

Then it was Jessie's turn   (Jennifer this is for you)........

 

DSC_0941

Ha Ha Santa! Not funny!!!  See if I make special cookies for you!

 

Anywhoo.....

 

We always have a wonderful time and this time was no different.  :)

More Christmas fun to come!

 

ValSig1

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw but we do make a cute married couple for the future. =)

Anonymous said...

You have some amazing photos!! I'm impressed that Hoyt smiled for you!

We had a wonderful time and I was so happy to see you again - it's been far too long and I hope we make it back again soon.

(And the gag gifts - I don't remember a Christmas without them. Granddaddy started it and someone likes to keep it going...)

The Southern Mom said...

Jessie's gift is so awesome! She should treasure it forever! Roll Tide!

Cassie said...

I love that kind of medicine!! hehe.

D... said...

Looks like it was a fun family gathering! The best kind. ;)

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like you all had such a great time!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What fun! Love the last pic!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Fabulous family
fab beutifulious home
Fabby tree
Fantabulous pix!

Happy for you home gatherings thanks for inviting us strangers!

Is that tree real? it's so huge?!

Louise said...

LOVE those pics!!
Looks like you had a fabulous time, I love family gatherings :)

Debbie said...

You are so blessed to have a large family - looks like fun was had by all - maybe more for Granny! Your home looks beautiful.

marky said...

What fun photos! Looks like a happy family celebration!I have to say that the lighting in that house is awesome..I love the kitchen lights and those Huge windows!

Ashley said...

ROLL TIDE!!!!!! :)

You have a beautiful family! Looks like Christmas is already started!!!

mah-meeee said...

ok, i know you have some amazing looking people pics but i can't get over how beautiful your home is! LOVE that kitchen and totally jaw-dropping living(or family) room.

can you adopt me so i can live there?? ;)

Chris said...

What wonderful pictures! They're all smiling so nice. :) Uh...gorgeous kitchen too!!

Ashley said...

I am so tempted to just dig into the last two books but I know I'll regret it when I'm sitting in Colombia, everyone is napping, and I'm sitting there waiting for something to do b/c normal people don't nap in the middle of the day EVERY DAY! Boy, Lucas sure can jump right back into that habit!

Rhea said...

I didn't know you were related to Stacy!! I've read her before.

Look at all those cute, cute kids.

Great photos!!

Tammy said...

Love the comment by Jess.....


And how much do I love her gag gift....ROLL TIDE, sista! ;-)

Mc Allen said...

OHH How I love Granny. Im off to get the fixins fer her medicine, I feel a couch *hack , hack* commin on... And your family is seriously beautiful... I cant wait till I hasve me some gran babies.. But not to soon ☺ LA

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I loved meeting your family! Loved the photos!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What fun pictures...what a great family you have!
-sandy toes

TJ said...

Great photos! Maybe Grandma can make me some of that "medicine"?

j said...

So now I am looking at this post again and clicking over to read your comments and thinking "I remember what I was thinking when I FIRST read this post... where is my comment?" I am sure one of those bloomin people around here who call me "Mom" distracted me before I could say anything.

First of all, LOVE Jess's brown hair. She looks really really good as a brunette. Second, thank you, I accept the photo that was for me. I think Jess would look awfully nice in a Bama Jersey though. That is the only thing I would change about the picture. Tell her it's OK not to smile. Saban doesn't and he is still a winner too!

And OMGosh Jess said "married couple in the future" in your comments. MARRIED Momma. Did you have to pick yourself up off of the floor when you read that?

Hmmm, is there anything else that I can write that would make this comment any longer? Oh yeah!

Wait, no. Hmmm... nope. That was it.

Love you Valarie!!!

Jen

j said...

Oh yeah! One more thing :)

Pretty house and pretty family. You are blessed!

Archie Mck said...

Looks like a great time!
The two gents on the love seat had me laughing out loud

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time for all!

Mrs4444 said...

Beautiful family, beautiful home, beautiful day. My favorite pic is the two boys on the steps :)

DD said...

haha! What fun and a beautiful time looks like it was had by all.