Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pigs

Some of you will be able to relate.  Some of you may just be in denial.  Some of you will have NO idea what I am talking about.

When you have girls and then a boy, well I think its a little different.  You are used to girls. Girls who want to smell good.  Who want to look pretty and cute.  Who care about what there room looks like.  Hahahaha ok, ok, I am joking on that last one.  The girls room is a mess!

L.L. on the other hand well he is just a mess. Fights to get him in the bath.  In the summer he thinks swimming in the pool is a bath.  He would wear the same clothes everyday if we let him.  Now I will give him this, He does like to smell good when he goes places.  He likes to get into his Dads Ralph Lauren Cologne, and smell good for the girls. His words not mine. 

His room, Its a war zone, literally.  Little army men set up strategically to pierce the foot of any approaching enemy.  Lego warriors, tanks,  and planes scouting the perimeter of the room.  Guarding from the sisters and the dog, who might be looking for the stash of candy that is hidden on top of the bunk bed and inside the video rocker chair (because it now has a split in the middle of it from repeated abuse by L.L. himself).

Sometimes you just have enough of the messiness of it all.  Like when you can smell strange smells coming out of the room.   I am there, I have had enough.  So I sent him and his Daddy into the pit to clean it up.  So far I have seen B.L. come out with 6 glass Coca-Cola bottles left from Christmas, 3 cereal bowls with cereal still in them, 2 plates, and numerous candy wrappers.  They may be in there awhile.

L.L. came out at minute ago and had this to say, now remember he is 8....

L.L: "Mom I don't understand why you want my room clean?  I want to live like a pig."

Me: " You are not going to live like a pig"

L.L: "Why"

Me:  (classic Mommy response) "Because I am the Mom and you are the kid and I said so"

L.L. " I am not a kid, I am a small person and I can live like a pig if I want to, and pigs are cute.

DSC_0768

Yes Little Logan they are cute, but you are still not going to live like one.  :)

ValSig1

20 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Par for the course,for a little boy,my two nephews were like that for a while.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is his father's son...

I hope they are able to get his room clean and leave it that way for at least 5 minutes!!

Anonymous said...

I can so relate!

Connie said...

The girls room are always a mess too. Except you're stepping on costume jewelry. Can't relate to the smells. They think taking a bath is like swimming in the summer.

Georgia Girl said...

LOL....gosh pigs must run wild down in the south...yeah they are cute but I agree they do reap a smell from time to time...hehehe....bet my pig is worse than yours!lol

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I have always said thank God I have a boy...dirt under the nails on a boy, expected and kind of cute. On a girl? Just gross!! I am so lazy about that stuff...if I had a girl she'd be a HOT MESS!! He is ADORABLE!!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Oh my gosh!!! I could eat him up with those cute freckles. Btw, I soooo get you. My boys also enjoy living and smelling like pigs. Me...not so much.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Tell him pigs are cute honey and so are girls...if you ever want to date you need to be clean!! LOL

Mrs4444 said...

Holy cow-your son is adorable. He looks like he'd fit right in in Hollywood. Maybe he can get famous and pay someone else to clean his room?

Shell in your Pocket said...

Boys are like that! They don't even see the mess...just like someone else I know:(!
-sandy toes

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Valarie, that picture is precious! I LOVE that! Great shot!!!
When you figure out how to make him keep his room clean, let me know. I failed with my 18 year old boy, my 8 year old boy....and even my daughter is pretty bad. I have to stay on them. And yes, they want to be pigs too. Eww.

D... said...

LOL! I so feel your "pain".

That shot is adorable!

It's me said...

We only had two rules for the kids:

1 - a "fire trail" is a necessity. I didn't care how much junk/clothes/crapola they had in their room, provided there was a clear trail from their bed to the door.

2 - No food/drinks.

It worked fairly well. They're still bedroom slobs, but they don't live at home so it matters not!

lora and stephen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Living with 3 boys I can so relate to your post. My middle son is 7 and yesterday we had a huge little disagreement over taking a shower. I honestly could not make him. Finally my husband had to literally pick him up and put him in the shower. You would have thought it was the end of the world. Girls aren't like this, are they?

carrie said...

I had the pigs first, then the princess...but I can also relate, sigh.

He is right though, he is pretty cute! :)

Kimmie said...

Hi Valerie!

I will be back to catch up reading, but I wanted to give you a little something over at my blog for being one of the dearest blog buddies I have had.

Love Ya',
Kimmie

Runner Girl said...

What a beautiful blog! I just hopped over from Valley Girl. Off to read more now!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Mr. Perfect will never do that.....will he???? I have a lot to learn! He does have a REALLY good point on the cute thing!;)

Anonymous said...

I am with ya- ADHD is 13 and has terrible hygiene! HELP!

Heather said...

What a great pic! I can see it's going to be fun in the coming years - and in March I'll have the second dose :)