Friday, December 26, 2008

Would you look at what Santa Brought......

Christmas morning started as usual, but usual in our house is not like everyone else's.  My kids would still sleep until 10:00 a.m. even if its Christmas morning.  Yes they are excited that it is Christmas, but they also like their sleep, even Little Logan.  Actually this year Big Logan got up before everyone else and then had to wake us up because he was bored.  

So where was I, Oh yeah Christmas as usual. 

DSC_0396

Syd on the couch still not awake......

DSC_0395

Until.........

She was told of a note on the tree for her....

DSC_0491

So she runs to the Pantry.........

DSC_0399

(I think she thinks its Pop-Tarts!)

DSC_0400

Hello, Edward!!!!!!!

DSC_0390 

I hear you asked for me for Christmas :)

DSC_0394

YES!!! YES I DID!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0401

DSC_0402

 DSC_0404

Edward watched us open the rest of the presents, and all was good until........

DSC_0480

Someone got a whiff  of the "smelly" vampire.   Cannon is a descendent of wolves and werewolves, so he was not happy.  I think the vents must have come on, because he did not even notice he was here until after about 30 minutes of Edward being there.

DSC_0481

Syd is trying to explain to Cannon, that Edward is now part of the family.  That they need to get along.  Even though it is not easy for vampires and werewolves to co-exist he needs to try for the family.  :)

DSC_0482

DSC_0485

He ain't buying it......

DSC_0490

He has gotten used to Edward though.  He doesn't bark at him near as much as he did in the beginning.

Edward likes to join in on family activities.  Right now Rock band (more on that later) is a big thing at our house.

DSC_0518

(Notice that it is now dark outside, and she still has not changed clothes.  She has been there playing Rock band alllllllllll day long.)

DSC_0554

DSC_0557 

DSC_0517

It is sort of funny though, ever so often you will be walking through the house and catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of your eye, and he will scare the snot out of you.  Syd likes to set him up strategically to catch you off guard.  Like right inside her bedroom door so when Jessie comes home in the middle of the night, he is standing there waiting.    Ya know cause he never sleeps.  :)

I hope Santa was good to you, and I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas!

ValSig1

28 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Ya know, they say dogs are good judges of character!
Put him by a window while your out...he'll make it look like someone's home! Such a funny post!

I think she likes the Rock band...just a little...lol!

The Southern Mom said...

Okay...that is the most hilarious thing I've heard all day! I hope Syd and Edward will live creepily...I mean happily every after!

j said...

Ya know, once upon a time, my mother bought me a Soloflex poster for my room. It was ABS ABS ABS! Very hot guy.

Then my mother spent A LOT of time in my room.

No particular reason for sharing this story. Just sharing...

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetness, That is so funny about Edward. You'll probably go up to wake Syd, and find him in bed with her. (Hmmm, that wasn't a nice comment was it?) Anyway, how many times have you and Syd seen him at the movies? He has sort of a handsome, creepiness to him, don't you think? Love ya

DD said...

Wow! What a super cool Christmas. That vampire guy freaks me out though, I don't think i'd want him in my bedroom. I REALLY want to play rockband. SERIOUSLY.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

So I think your Cannon should help pick your dd's men..I'm just sayin!

Funny story!

Letti said...

Now that is a great and clever gift. Who wouldn't want a life size Edward hanging around their house. :)

D... said...

Oh my golly! Edward! What a fantastic present. :)

My kids got Rock Band last Christmas. They LOVE it. However, my daughter, the drummer, is bummed that the new Rock Band has better drums now. And you can't upgrade. You have to buy the whole set. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness - we have a new family member? I think I'd have to side with Cannon on this one though. Edward kind of freaks me out too :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

HA! I called my Sis in here to read that, because she is currently (I mean, I had to pull her away from the book to see) reading the last one in the series. I'm starting them next month and then I will understand what the heck ya'll are talking about. :)

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Too funny!

Confession: I don't know who the cardboard guy is.

I know - I live under a giant rock, eh?

Merry Christmas!
Lacy

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

oH My WoRd!!! That is the most hilarious thing EVER! You made my whole week with this post. Seriously, I think I would freak if I came around the corner to find Edward staring at me. That lucky girl of yours has a very sweet Mama. Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

~Amanda

elizabeth kartchner said...

That hilarious!! :)

I'll show Collin

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Twilight Book Series: $59.50
Movie tix to opening night: $16.00
Cardboard cutout of Edward: $35.50

Knowing your future son-in-law will hear, "Why can't you be more like Edward?!" 20 times/day: Pricelss.

JK :)

Tamara Jansen said...

I have no idea WHO that guy is but I think it's just a hoot! Great gift guys :)

Memaw Barbie said...

What a creative way to surprise her with Edward, tho I still don't understand the attraction. Looks like your day was great. By the way I absolytly love the chair to the right of your couch. Gorgeous!!! Blessings

Simply_Pam said...

Wnat a wonderful post .. how cleaver you are...this will be a memory she will have for many years to come.. and the story will be past on and on...can't wait for the next movie.. hope his hair has grown back out by then !!

Michele said...

Good morning Valerie ~ I found your blog from Beth at Rambling Gal, so I wanted to say hi. I added you to my favorites so I'll be visiting often. Stop by when you get a chance!

You have a wonderful family and looks like Edward was a big hit for your daughter!

Hugz,
Michele

Tipper said...

TOO FUNNY!

Woman said...

Love the big Edward. Putting him where he will scare people, totally somethign we would do in my family!

Still haven't read those books.

Louise said...

Seriously that is too great!
I know many housewives that would like Edward around..ROFL!! :)
Sweet pictures!

Hey I think our pooches may be twins :)

Happy New Year.

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my goodness, that is SOOOOOOO funny! You are a super mom. :)

Anonymous said...

it is guitar hero!!!!! not rock band!! there is a big differnce. because Guitar Hero is bettterrrr.

The McMickens said...

That picture of Edward in the pantry is CREEPY!!! I don't know how you sleep with him in the house!!

Marie said...

HA! That was funny! I don't "get" the appeal of that Edward guy, but to each her own! lol Merry belated Christmas!

Gordostyle said...

OMG! I absolutely love it! That was the PERFECT Santa present EVER! SO. VERY. COOL!

Smiles,
Jen

TidyMom said...

OMG! This has to be one of the funniest posts EVER!!! My 12yo dd was sitting here reading this with me and we were cracking up AND drooling ----maybe your daughter and Edward would like to come over and play at our house!

Where ever did you find/buy that life size Edward?

I'm also cracking up at all the comments here by ladies saying they don't know who Edward is or understand the obsession.....obviously they haven't read the books! LOL or they'd understand!!

~Tidymom

Ashley said...

Oh, my goodness! This is the best present ever!!!! I'm jealous! Do you think Lucas would mind if I had a life size Edward that I carried around the house?? Haha!!