Monday, December 22, 2008

Can you say Crazy?

I am tired of apologizing for my blog absences. So I am going to make one more blanket apology for the last couple of days and any future days to come in which I neglect my blog.

I am sorry. :)

Boy I don't know about y'all but I feel better.

So here is a run down of thing that have been going on with me.

  • Saturday - Christmas get together at my Daddy's house.
  • Saturday evening - Fussing with Syd about the fact that she did not clean like she said she would for get together for her friend the next day. In turn she did not get to go to a special someone's house. Sorry Sydie, but that is life. I love you though. :)
  • Saturday evening - My MIL had to take her Mother to emergency room thought she had pneumonia, but it's bronchitis. Everything is fine. (Stacy call me and I will fill you in)
  • Sunday - Church
  • Sunday after church - Christmas at my MIL
  • Sunday afternoon - Take a bunch of Syds friends to ambush Syds Friend Jess, for her birthday and take her blindfolded to Santa's Village. (It was freezing!!! Literally felt like the North Pole. Its was like 70 the day before. Welcome to weather in North Alabama)
  • Sunday evening - After our fingers and toes fell off at Santa's Village, we went and saw a movie. Can everyone say "Twilight"! Third time people Third time.
  • Sunday night - Took four of the six girls to go run amuck in Target.
  • Sunday night - Took the girls to do something I can not mention on the grounds that it might incriminate me.
  • Monday here I am at work :)

Hey I also wanted to show you this cute little decoration I got at a craft fair the other day.

Shoot, never mind, I accidentally erased those pictures. :( I will take some more and show you later.

So here are some random pictures of my tree.

I took these pictures through those glasses that make shapes in the lights. Isn't that cool!!!

treeedit

treeedit3

treeedit5

treeedit4

And as I stepped back to take pictures of the tree from top to bottom, this is what I got.........

treeedit6

Tree tip for next year -

If you want a taller tree, don't go buy one. Build a box to stand it up on. We have a 9 1/2 foot tree up on a 1 1/2 foot box. Thus lifting it off the ground making the tree taller and giving you more room for presents underneath.

Your Welcome :)

Oh and by the way, if I have not been to visit your blog, its mainly because I had to hit "mark as read" in my reader. There were over 500 blog post in there, and there was just NO way. :)

ValSig1

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree! I feel crazy too and haven't been that great at blogging either. It is that time of year I guess!

Archie Mck said...

Ha, shameless.

Love the tree! Hope your holidays slow down a bit ;-)

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

we did the very same thing this year..it is easier!

Tamara Jansen said...

Very busy ladies should be able to do things that might incrimate them once in a while....that's what I think :)

Love the pic of your girl bounding in front of the tree just as you point and shoot. My kids think that's soooo funny as well. I have a few of these kinds of pics too!

Merry Christmas from me to you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

It's a crazy time of the year!!! Take a breath and relax!
-sandy toes

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a fantabulous idea! I know what I'm asking hubbs to make me for an after Christmas present!!! I always get so frustrated when I can't fit any presents under the tree. Thanks for the tip.

Merry Merry Christmas!
~Amanda

j said...

Ya just HAD to show the Auburn ball :) Quit worrying about the posting thing Lady! Tis the season to run around like a chicken with your head cut off and that was true even before blogging was ever invented. Your truly devoted readers (ooh me me over here, the devoted one, me me me) will always be here to read. And really, everyone else will be around too.

We just can't quit you.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love your tree...thanks for the box tip too. Better than cans of corn and a bit more stable!

Georgia Girl said...

WOW....busy busy lady, however, what does anyone expect this time of the year. Don't worry we will all be around when you get time...funny thing is your not the only one..lol

Love your tree!

Oh and let me say I have not forgot you but one certain 4 year old found your candy and decided to eat it while mommy was away....but I promise your giveaway will be sent to you soon!

Mike Golch said...

Great post.As far as I am concerned appolgizing for not blogging is over rated. you blog when you can.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Your tree is beautiful, despite the one bog flaw of that orange and blue ball on it. Those glasses are neat!
And Syd-welp, she's just plain adorable!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
I hope you get to rest and enjoy it....but y aknow, 'tis the season.

Much love to you my friend!

mah-meeee said...

whew, i got tired just reading about your weekend schedule. crazy.

i'm so totally slacking on blogging this week.

merry christmas!

Tammy said...

No need to apologize again, girl. We love ya' and we'll be here when you get back. Carry on.


Tree is beautiful, btw. And great tip!!

Merry Christmas, Valarie!!

Muthering Heights said...

It was a cute idea to take pictures through those glasses!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Valarie you are so funny! I love the picture of your tree and the angle flying through! ;)

Mrs4444 said...

Clearly, you missed my post about how my husband insisted he could cut the extra trunk length off later... So, of our 12 foot tree, two of it is trunk! OUr trees look identical :)

The Southern Mom said...

I see that Auburn ornament...cute! I know what you mean about blogging...but, we're all busy this time of year, that's life!

Anonymous said...

Luv the tree! I have been a bad bad blogger/reader too! It's that time of the year! Busy!

Anonymous said...

you've been busy. it's been crazy around our house too! love your tree, great idea about making it taller. have a merry christmas!
~nicole

DD said...

its all good. I can totally identify. Also, your tree looks beautiful. Except that Auburn ornament. Must be a sad reminder in this happiest time of the year ;) haha

MISS YOU SO MUCH!

Darlene said...

I stopped by from Joys of Home to say hi. Your tree is gorgeous and that is a great idea to lift it up on a box....we might have to try that. I also watched the Twilight spoof and was just cracking up...that was GREAT!!

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Suzie said...

Great looking tree have a great xmas

marky said...

My blog has been neglected too..
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

dont forget you had to take me and jessi to church to go ice skating :):) where i fell eery minute and very bruised up and my knee hurts... :(