Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chosen

 

Last Sunday night was out Christmas Musical at Church.  Our expressive worship group performed in between the children and the adult choir (which I really should have been in , but I have missed to many practices.  Life ya know).  Myself and another wonderful lady from Church lead the expressive worship team.  I love helping them with this.  No matter if I am tired and worn out when I get to practice, they normally make me laugh somehow or another.  The name of the group is "Chosen", and the expressive worship consists of drama, movement, and sign language.  This group of teenagers are awesome to work with.  It is such a joy to watch God work through them.

This past Sunday we performed to "Jesus Messiah", by Chris Tomlin.  I wish I had a video, but I did not bring the video camera and I can not find my USB cable for the thing anyway. ~sigh~

I pulled a video off of YouTube of the song.  You can listen to the song while you read the rest of this post. Oh and you can watch the video also.  :)

 

 

 

He became sin
Who knew no sin

 DSC_0002DSC_0971

 
That we might become His Righteousness
He humbled himself and carried the cross
Love so amazing

DSC_0978
Love so amazing

 
Chorus:
Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel

DSC_0975
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven

DSC_0982

Jesus Messiah
Lord of all
His body the bread

DSC_0979
His blood the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth trembled
And the veil was torn
Love so amazing
Love so amazing, yeah
Chorus:
Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer DSC_0993
Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all
All our hope is in You

DSC_0995
All our hope is in You
All the glory to You, God
The light of the world

DSC_1002

 

For more Fro Me to you's (even though this will go in a scrapbook someday) join Kristen over at We are THAT Family. Next time maybe I will have a video for you.  :) 

**Did anybody from church video this performance?????????***

ValSig1

28 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful, Valarie! I absolutely love this song and I'm sure your performance team was awesome.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Beautiful! What a pretty (and good) baby!


I've seen something like this before at a church and I loved it.

marky said...

I love that song.. and the messege gets better and better every time it is performed and shared!

Kristen said...

That was awesome! I wish our church was doing something like this, this year. It's such a great thing for kids like mine to see.

Ashley said...

Wow! I can't believe they actually used a real baby! Growing up we always had to use a doll from the nursery in our church plays.

mah-meeee said...

oh that baby is TOO cute! i rarely see performances with real babies!

Unknown said...

how great and what a good baby!

cherry said...

I would have loved to see this! Loved the photos...the baby is adorable...and looks like she did well! Cherry

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Beautiful!

Louise said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
WOW

Anonymous said...

Really neat. Thanks for sharing. It look so well done. :)

Anonymous said...

wow!my hair looks long in the last picture..and the baby did not like adam a.k.a joseph

Brandi said...

if u find a video I want to see it!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..it looks like quite a production!
-sandy toes

Jules from "The Roost" said...

What a wonderful thing to be apart of Valarie!

Memaw Barbie said...

I love,love,love that song. I would love to see a live video of the performance at your church. Blessings

Jerralea said...

How awesome! Two of my daughters got to be the baby Jesus in church Christmas plays. It is so special!

Your pics are great!

j said...

This was beautiful Valarie!! Syd looks very sweet as Mary.

Tell her I said so... that she looked 'sweet'. I bet she gives you one of those "Syd grins"...

Have a great weekend!!!!!! Happy Reading!

Archie Mck said...

Too cool, it's been too long since I've seen a Christmas pageant. Amen

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like it was an amazing performance...you must have been so proud of them!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

(wildly applauding and standing)


Amazing performance!

(standing ovation)

kari and kijsa said...

Looks like an amazing performance!! What a beautiful pageant!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mrs4444 said...

Beautiful. The kids obviously loved performing this. Nice.

Kimmie said...

Hi Valerie!

This was just beautiful. What a perfect day to come and visit you.

It is good to be back. I will stop back and try to catch up some.

Love Ya',
Kimmie

Rhea said...

What a neat song, beautiful photos! (That baby is just adorable!)

Unknown said...

Oh beautiful...I love Christmas plays. It touches my heart in all the right places. Merry Christmas!

Suzie said...

Wow you guys put on some fancy xmas show

Georgia Girl said...

Amazing!