Saturday, February 23, 2008

CHOSEN


We have this wonderful group of kids that my friend MB and I help with at Church. Its an expressive worship group and our name is “Chosen”.

Our expressive worship is a mix of sign language and “expressive movement” (or dance, but we don’t say that because we are Baptist and we don’t dance)

It mainly consists of girls, but we are now up to two guys, and they do a really good job.

God has used these kids in such a big way, and they don’t even realize it. They touch so many people not only with there movements, but there dedication to doing this.

Needless to say we are very proud of them.

This is when we performed this summer and it came this awful rain storm. We got caught on stage practicing and had to run to our cars, which were like a football field away.




Performing "Set Me Free" by Casting Crowns later that same day.



This is when we performed "WE" by Joy Williams at D-Now this past weekend.



I wish I had some good video of us to show you. :( Maybe one day I will take one.

My personal favortite right now is "Amazing Grace" by Chris Tomlin. They did that one too at D-Now and I just cried and cried. I have seen them do it so many times, but when they get up there and God starts moving, Oh my goodness, there wasn't a dry eye in the place.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VIDEO. VIDEO. VIDEO.

I would love to see the gang in action. It sounds so powerful!!

Texasholly said...

Looks like a really good time.

j said...

This Sunday, the youth group, called The Point, performed a skit set to music. I have NEVER seen anything like it. They lined up across the front of the church. One person held up a poster board, blank, and another person stood in front with a sharpie. They began to draw (I don't know what the song was, just a contemporary Christian song). Each person drew a vague line or shape, as "Jesus" went around and gave directions. One person balked and had to be encouraged back to their drawing. At the climactic end, the kids grouped together and held their posters up to make one square - looked like mumbo jumbo. "Jesus" waved his/His hand and they spun the posters. It was His 'face'.
Ooh's and Aah's all around. Thunderous applause! I wish I had a video to post. I wish I knew how to post a video if I had it! Jennifer