Wednesday, February 6, 2008

BOYS

Ok, so my son is into wrestling. It’s something I am trying to work through. I know that boys will be boys and all that, but I really wish he would focus some of that attention into other things. Things like world peace, cancer, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

This weekend though the wrestling obsession hit a new low, and made my blood pressure go up.

It all started as any other Sunday morning would. We woke up a bit too late and were all trying to get ready for church. As I go into Lil Logans closet I notice something strange and out of the ordinary. What I noticed had not been there when I left to go eat a birthday dinner with my Mom and two Sisters the night before. (that’s a whole other story) What I noticed was this Barbie doll in the middle of the closest floor and then I saw another one. Now I do have girls, but they are way beyond playing with Barbie’s. These Barbie’s though were new! My mind was in total turmoil as I processed where in the world did this Auburn Collegiate Barbie come from, and then it hit me. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I noticed that the other Barbie was none other than the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, Olympic Gymnast Barbie! (Lots of gasping here) I know, I know, I was shocked they were in mint condition in the box! Now I don’t think they were worth that much. (please don’t tell me if they were, I don’t know if I can take it) But they were in mint condition had never been handled by human hands except the ones that put them in the box. That is of course if a human put them in a box and not a robot.

Do you want to know why? Why he climbs up into the top of my closest and took down three of my Barbie’s. Three of my Barbie’s that I had been saving hoping that one day they might be worth something, or that my grandchildren might ponder over them and say look at Maw Maws Barbie’s, “maybe we can get some cash for these and go to Vegas” (Lord please don’t let my Grandbabies be gamblers).

This is the reason he gave me.

Valarie: What on earth do you think your doing, why did you get something that was not yours with out asking???? Huh, Huh?????

Lil Logan: But Mama I kept asking you for Diva’s for my wrestling ring. I need some Diva’s to wrestle.


Can you believe that he wanted Diva’s. So he used my Barbie’s. What is the world coming to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say. I guess it's all or nothing in this family.

(It's kind of funny though...I promise I'm not really laughing...)

Valarie said...

That is hilarious! And I guess it makes sense :-). That is a fabulous story! ~ Val