Monday, April 28, 2008

BOOT CAMP - DAY 1

This is what time I left the house this morning

So why in Heavens name was I up at this time of the morning you ask? I am doing a boot camp workout with my friend April. Say Hi April!!!

See how she blends in with blackness of the morning. Yet see the smile on her face. Its an evil smile, I tell you a very evil smile. You would not think someone who is a Youth Pastors wife could be so evil. She made me get up and go exercise for an hour at literally the crack of dawn.

So I needed some energy for the torture I was about to endure. So here was my breakfast.


Peanut Butter on a spoon. I needed some energy and peanut butter gives it to you. I also had a V8. Just so you know not the best thing to have and then go do an early morning exercise.

The next picture might be a little horrific. You have been warned!!
Me in the morning. I told you it is horrific!!!

So since I was the one exercising I could not take any pictures, but April decided to take a picture of me. While I was in a very bad position mind you, but don't I look happy to be there. :)

When we finally were finished the sun had just begun to emerge.

It was cloudy this morning, so it was not a very bright sunrise.

We exercised outside, which I found to be quite enjoyable. So all in all it was not that bad and right now I am looking forward to going back on Wednesday. At least thats what I say now until the soreness sets in. ;)


Photobucket

16 comments:

Rhea said...

I'm impressed you got up at that god-awful hour and exercised! You go, girl! That's awesome.

You look great, btw, and totally do not like old enough to have a 17 year old daughter!

Mike Golch said...

boot camp to lose weight.yuck.that is deffinatle not my cup of tea.

Lorie said...

i'm so proud of you -I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Me and 5:00 am don't mix.
love you, Lorie

Dawn said...

As my dad use to say, you got up at "O-dark-thirty!"

You go girl!!!

Dawn

j said...

I am not pleased at all by the skinniness of your hips. Do you not realize that you have had three kids? It is your obligation to expand and spread. Width my dear, is a part of motherhood. Stop exercising and work on your mother-width.

And April. rrrrrrrrr. Perky and skinny. As I said, rrrrrrrrrrr. I am sure she is a NICE perky and skinny person though.

You are adorable in the morning. Just not, um, happy.

Come by and play along with Mike's challenge if you feel like it. He is a nice person, and I think he REALLY would appreciate it.

Be blessed Valarie.

Jennifer

Birdie said...

that's nuts, but you rock! Come get some flip flops & matching earrings at the Maple. I'm having a scavenger hunt for them. Contest ends Friday!

Southerner said...

That is dedication! And, that is why I am fat.

mah-meeee said...

wow, kudos to you! i can never get up that early for excercise.

btw, you do look really happy working out!

Lorie said...

I don't know how to do links and such yet but I gave you a little award at my blog today-check it out.
Be Blessed!
Lorie

tammi said...

Wow, and I thought I got up early!! There's just no way on earth I'd get up that early to work out! Up just before 6 for a walk is the most ambitious I'll ever get in those two departments! Good for you! I hope you stick with it ~ what an accomplishment that will be!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that IS some serious discipline. Better you than me - hehe. I would be useless the rest of the day if I got up that early. I need that REM sleep to survive.

Valarie said...

What's crazy is that I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do a bootcamp! If I wasn't pregnant and if they had one available here, I'd be there. I hope that you like your results. Keep up the early morning fat burning :-).

April said...

I am so proud of you for coming and playing with me!! Our friend and fellow blogger Lorie should have her pretty little self up there too. Hopefully she will feel guilted into trying it !!

Kimmie said...

You Inspire Me....NOT!!! LOL! Just Kidding! Kudo's to you my friend...you go girl...don't listen to that Jen...those dust bunny's are making her say those things! ;-) Me got width also, and me no like it! Dust Bunnies are clapping and shaking their pom pom's...go away dust bunnies! rrrrrr...ROFL! Oh that was fun!
;-) Now I know how Jen feels!

Okay, I am inhaling through my nose and out my mouth...I am calmed now...

Now...Really and Truly, good luck Valerie...I am proud of you...getting up that early is a real sacrifice. Bless Your Heart. :-)
Hugs,
Kimmie

Meg said...

OH my gosh Valerie! I had actually signed up to do that San Antonio! I was suppose to start the Monday I was still in the hospital! GOOD for you! I am going to have to re-enlist! Can't wait to keep up with your progress!

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I found you! So here's the blog.... diggin it. Here's mine: http://justme914.vox.com/

See you Friday, 5am, be there :)

Kristin