Friday, April 11, 2008

FIGHT WITH PINK



Something special happened today. This evening was our first annual "Liz Hurley Breast Cancer Fund" softball game.

This all came about when Jessie's coach decided that he wanted to give something back to the community. He said we are always asking for donations and stuff, and he wanted to do something that actually helped someone else. So he contacted the hospital to find out about charities. They suggested we hold a softball game for the "Liz Hurley Breast Cancer Fund". Liz Hurley, is an Anchor woman in our area and a breast cancer survivor.


Our girls wore pink uniforms, and the other team wore pink socks and head bands. All the coaches wore pink and even the umpires had a little pink on. The bases were pink and some of the softballs were pink.


We observed a moment of silence for all of those who have lost their lives to this awful disease.


Liz Hurley came and threw out the first pitch, and the game began.



Then Liz hugged all the girls as they got ready for the game.



I'm sure here she is asking the umpires if they have their glasses with them. :)
Aww, I'm just kidding.



The girls played hard and put up a good fight, but in the end the other team walked away the winner of this game. Its not about winning the game though. Its about so much more, its about giving to your community and to a wonderful cause.




Jessie was real upset that we didn't win, but Tara was there to try and cheer her up. Do you think its working?


Now your probably wondering were is the Fight the Frump part, well here it is. Don't wear winter shoes in the sping time. :) Just Kidding, well no not really.


The real Fight the Frump is, be aware of your body, get your yearly mamograms and check your Ta Ta's. It is very important that you do these things. We want you to be around for a long time. So take it from me, the grandaughter of a breast cancer victim, and the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, it is extremely important to have your boobies checked. I hope its ok to say boobies on here. Anyway if you have not had a mamogram go schedule one now. Don't be chicken its not that bad. I have had one and there was nothing to it.


Now go check out the other Frump Fighters over at Fussy's, You'll be glad you did.

Photobucket

24 comments:

Lisa said...

Those have to be THE.MOST.GORGEOUS.BROWN.LEATHER.CLOGS. that I have EVER seen. :) Hahahaha.

Jessie, you played great! I'm sorry y'all lost the game.

Lisa

Kristen said...

You can never wear too much pink. What a great cause you were supporting.

Crazy in Alabama said...

Having cold feet myself, I don't think you can technically call it spring and require one to wear flops if there are still freeze warnings ahead!! Keep your feet warm girl!!! The other feet are nicely pedicured though!!!

Darla said...

Oh crud, I keep forgetting to call for my mammogram. Dang it!

Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder that I need to get a mammagram. My OB wanted me to get one as soon as I finished nursing my last and I have been putting it off.

Mindi (skipping the Frump-fighting post this week since it is my birthday, but still reading everyone else!)

Kendra said...

I looooove Pink and I really loved that pink baseball.

Great Post.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Your family is gorgeous! And thanks for the important reminder. :-)

Cindy Swanson said...

Wonderful post, Valarie! I think what you did is awesome.

Joy said...

Pink is my favorite color- what a great way to have some fun and support a great cause!

Lorie said...

What a fun night- Jess should be happy they did something so good. She sure has a competitive streak.She's still beautiful even when she's an ill-bill! love you!

Rhea said...

Love the pink theme and the fun for a cause. It's an important message to get out, again and again.

I need to get my ta ta's checked. :o)

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Get your mammies, ladies.

I'm sorry Team Pink didn't win, but I think they're all winners.

Love the post! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Valarie, thanks for stopping by. I'm not sure if I've been by your blog before, so it's nice to meet another AL woman! Hope you'll be back, I see we have some of the same friends.

Oh, and I just had my yearly mamo!

Rhoda

mah-meeee said...

totally agree on be aware of your body.

you all look so cute in pink!

the picture of the flip flops and the red nails reminded me that spring is here and it's time to get those pedicures set up!

have a great weekend!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

A good reminder -- you know what they say about an ounce of prevention! :)

PhotoChick said...

How cute!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink! I'm a super-dweeb & like to match my daughter, so I'm accumulating more & more of that beautiful color. And for such a great cause too - Great post girlie!

PS - I finally subscribed to your blog, so now I'll be able to keep up with you much better! Love to you all & God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I had my first mammogram last year when I turned 35 and it wasn't that bad at all. My mom and aunt have had breast cancer, so I have to make sure I get a mammogram every year. Shannon S.

Sondra said...

Great idea for a great cause. Love your blog. You have such a beautiful family. Looks like you all have so much fun together.

Kimmie said...

They all look So Pretty In Their Pink Outfits. Such dear hearts to to support such a great cause. My Ta Ta's need to be checked also. Thanks for sharing this wonderful event with us all. You are such a doll Valerie.
Hugs,
Kimmie

Kimmie said...

Oppssy...I have an AWARD for you over at my blog. Stop by and pick it up okay...
Hugs,
Kimmie

j said...

Lord you nut! Only you could have me cracking up over mamograms.

Poor Jessie, sorry you guys didn't win. But you look SSSOOOOOO pretty in pink!

Have a great weekend!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

definitely a good cause and good reminder to me to go get my yearly mammogram!

Sarah said...

I'll wear any shoe that fits on my puffy pregnant feet at this point - I've got 3 pairs of shoes - athletic sneakers, beaded 'dressy' suede flip-flops, and a pink pair of those mock crocs that are now missing the strappy bit because it broke off and I'm too cheap to go buy another pair when these are still functional. I miss the days of having lots of shoes...
Terrific cause, and good on you for supporting it!

Nadine said...

Great idea. What a neat way to raise money...love the pink theme throughout.