Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WHAT THE????

We have a door that goes off of our bedroom onto the pool area, this is the door that Cannon normally goes out every morning to go do his business. Well one morning I go to let him out and I am absolutely horrified at what I saw. I think I was actually in shock. It was the biggest pile of poo I had ever seen. It couldn't be Cannon's, he is just a little dog. It wasn't a cow even though they have been known to come around there. It was like nothing I had ever seen before, ever.



Could it be another stray dog? No there was way to much of it, and it was all over the steps. We have had some Big Foot sightings not to far from here, could it be... nahhhhh. Whatever it was that caused this mess obviously had some stomach problems. (I hope y'all aren't eating anything right now) So I call Logan and give him all the details. I think that he thought I had lost my mind. (he was laughing, so that was my first clue that he thought I was crazy)
Y'all it was everywhere though, the steps, the concrete on the side, even a flower pot. I mean everywhere, a big, big old pile of poo.


When Logan got home he realized I was not crazy. He couldn't believe it either and was wondering what caused this awful mess, but he cleaned it all up, pressure washed the area, and I stopped freaking out about it. Until a couple of mornings later, when I woke up and there it was again. This time not as big but poo none the less. So we repeated the cleaning process again.



Well one night I heard something outside. I thought here we go I am going to be face to face with the culprit. (Lord please don't let it be big foot using my back steps as a potty)
Do you want to know what I saw? Do You? Well scroll on down to find out




















Yep thats right, our duck. Notice the little present he left us. Now the first time I found it it was all over those steps and down the side. I really had never seen anything like it.


He had decided to take up in our pool area to sleep and poop. He has that nice big pond over there and he decides to come and poop on our stoop.


Well I don't know exactly what has happened in that little duck brain of his, but he hasn't been coming up to the steps anymore. Thank goodness because I did not know what I was going to do this summer if he insisted on living in the pool instead of the pond.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, that is funny and sooooo gross.

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Lovin' the duck

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

OK. Sorry to leave this here, but I don't have your email!

Stop by for the Mid-Week Check in for the 8 Week Challenge. We're having a contest of sorts this week.

http://sistersofadifferentorder.blogspot.com/2008/04/early-8-week-check-in.html

Crazy in Alabama said...

At least the cows and horses didn't try to take up in the pool area!!!! That would really be a mess!!

gabriel said...

Her e-mail address is:

Delicious.Cotton.Candy@hotmail.com

Peace,
Gabriel

Valarie Lea said...

No No, there aren't any dots in the email. :) Its just deliciouscottoncandy@hotmail.com. ;)

Dawn said...

Okay, you almost made me blow my coffee out my nose! Too funny!! (Hey, at least it wasn't Big Foot - what would you have done???)

We lived NW of Chicago for a short time, right on the WI border, and there were always tons of geese around. One day we were out driving and heard this terrible "ping" on the roof of the van and thought we'd had a small boulder thrown onto us - but there weren't any other vehicles around at the time. When we got home, my hubby looked on the roof and there was a big pile of goose poo. (Major yuck!) When he cleaned it off, there was actually a DENT where it had hit. Sheesh.

Valarie Lea said...

Dawn that goose poo is some heavy stuff.

j said...

The comments have been ALMOST as funny as the post!

Yeah I was eating. Baked Lays, not chocolate pudding or anything like that.
I could send you some Duck recipes...what? Did I say that out loud? Sorry. What I meant to say was I could send you some Duck recipes that would make his poop less......I got nuthin'.

Hope your day is wonderful!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Well you are popular. Everybody and everything loves you!!

Kimmie said...

EEWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Thats what I say! LOL! Who'd a thought a duck could poop so much? No me! Great little story...you are so funny Valerie. Thanks for the giggles!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Did it leave a massive chunk of poo on your doorstep? Oh then yes, it was most certainly a duck. Ours are amazing.... in mere seconds they will have dirtied everything around them. It could be on the other side of the room and they will somehow manage to fling little bits of mysterious gunk on it. Totally ridiculously adorable little things, aren't they??

Gotta love 'em. And all they want is bread.

Blessings!
-Lacy