Thursday, May 29, 2008

FRO ME TO YOU AND WHEN I SAY FRO I MEAN FRO!



So we have all been playing Kristens little big Blog Carnival. So far no one has gotten hurt. That is until today, today I am gonna throw myself out there. Gonna throw myself under the bus before Lisa someone else gets a chance to do it for me. Before I do that though, lets just take a trip back. Back to a day when people would dress me up cute, and I had chubby cheeks and people thought I was just the cutest little thing.



I give you Lisa and me at Christmas one year, I believe maybe 1975??


LISAME



Then here is Lisa and myself playing the piano. Look how lovingly she is looking at me. I mean look at those checks, how could anyone not love those cheeks. (we do not know how she got the black eye either)



LISAME2



Then here we are doing, oh I don't know really what was going on in this picture. I'm just watching her stand there in her purdy dress.




LISAME3


After a few years they started letting me make my own hair decision.

Bad choice people.

Can I give you my advice on this situation? Guide your children along, don't let them go all willy nilly on you and think they can get their hair cut like Donnie Osmond. It will haunt them for the rest of their adult lives!!


So here is hair trauma number one. This was during my Donnie Osmond phase.



RCV


This is my nephew Caby Baby (thats what I have always called him) and my younger sister Robin. She has all that naturally curly hair.


Which brings me to hair disaster number two. :(


I wanted to have curly hair. Everyone else was getting curly hair, so why couldn't I have it. Well I'll tell you why I shouldn't have gotten it. I was to young to know how to fix it!!! Where were the adults in this situation??? Why didn't anyone stop me??? The most burning question though is who took me to do this???





DSC_0423


I'm sure you can pick me out of this line up! I would be the one who looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket. So the answer to the burning question who took me to do this??? Well her name starts with an L and it sorta rhymes with pizza.

***Update - After talking with Lisa she says she did not do this. No she did not give me the perm, but I remember her taking me to get a perm. She says our mother took me to get this one. I don't remember that so if she did I blocked the memory from my mind. So sorry Lisa if I said you did something that you didn't. You still love me though :o)***

(Oh and see that guy in the striped shirt beside me, well thats one of my other nephews Gabe. He is on my blogroll as Gabe One and Gabe Two. With the exception of me and Robin, all the kids in that picture up there are our neices and nephews. Yes I am an Aunt to neices and nephews pretty much the same age as me, give or take a couple of months or years.)


**Just so you all know, my sisters and I, all get along fine. We just like to pick at each other. :o) **



27 comments:

j said...

Love the 70's pics.

And the hair... yes the hair. Well it IS hair. Lot's of hair. And I think that is all that I can say about that hair.

Unless I started asking questions about the yellow Vandy t-shirt.

Take care HONEY!

Jen

marky said...

Love it! ah yes the perms perms and more perms.. I could do a month on my hair pictures! This was a great post..

Meg said...

You are so very brave sweetie! WOW, the hair, what can I say...the hair...I remember mine sooooooo well...
I had wavy hair and I always wanted it straight. My sis on the other hand had super curly hair and she not only wanted it straight, she HATED it and we would IRON it with an iron...yup...

Kristen said...

Oh, yeah, you win. Hands Down!

Does your sister have guilt? My mom does. There is help for them.

Thanks for making me laugh!

DD said...

Oh Val... you look LOVELY ;)

Rhea said...

You have quite a hair history. lol And the outfits, wow, those are great. hehe

Tip Junkie said...

Those are great photos! I wish I had more of mine growing up.

I absolutely LOVE your blog design!

Brandy said...

We all had bad hair trust me. Did you ever see Wayne's world?? I had the whole wayne hair do going. The reason that parents let their kids do these things is so they can make fun of them later! LOL!

Lisa said...

I DIDN'T DO THAT TO YOU!!!!! You can thank Mama and Nancy W. for that! :)

(L)izza/Lisa

DD said...

Hey, I've scheduled my Fro Me to You for next week. Would you mind entering me in the Carnival with my website next Thursday?

Growin' with it said...

i love those pics where you are gazing at your sister. i have more of those poses than i can count. here's to admiring our big sistas!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

wow..you do have a hair fetish and rightly so!

Funny!

tammi said...

You just can't beat 70's and 80's hair for volume, ghastliness, and for a good laugh!!

Tammy said...

Do you know how hard it is to type with tears of laughter welling up in your eyes?!

The perm is too much...and I love the Vandy shirt too!

Why did the 70's go away...

mah-meeee said...

isn't that funny how people with straight hair wants curly and vice versa? i have unusally frizzy and curly hair (esp for an asian) and i have always wanted straight hair like everyone else!

nice pics!

April said...

Oh my, I had the tight perm too, but imagine a bi-level mullet cut with the tight perm. It was tragic, oh so tragic. I am sure it was a time in JR high shen I really had to work on my personality !!

Anonymous said...

LOL, if only we could escape the hairdo's of our past...

Bahama Shores Mama said...

will we laugh at our hair from this era too? probably so ~ does it stop me? NOPE!

TJ said...

Oh my! My mom actually thought some of my really bad hair choices were great ideas! I looked like Davey Jones in one cut (really I swear, maybe that will be a future Fro me to you photo if they aren't all destroyed).

You survived them all though. Love the baby photos! You did have the most adorable, cherubic cheeks.

Anonymous said...

What great hair! :) Love the glasses too. I think I had some just like those.

Crayl said...

I haven't found the perm photos yet. You are brave...and super cute, look at those cheeks!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Sweet Pictures!! I love the one at the piano. That is my very favorite. Oh, I am also Mrs. N in case you are wondering.

Anonymous said...

These perms photos just make my day!

Mama Smurf said...

What a fun post! Love those cheeks!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I think my fav is your perm shot though... aren't you thankful we now have a good use for these painful pics?

Lorie said...

How brave my sweet VAlerie is and wow the pictures you have - did you scan them all?
I need another blog 201 class sometime in the future- I will be in Dallas this weekend so I hope you miss me!!!
I loves you!!!
Be blessed!
Lorie

Anonymous said...

You were such a cute little kid, look at those checks!!!! That last picture is scary!!! Promise me you will never get another perm. :-)
Jessica