Monday, May 12, 2008

MAKING MEMORIES

Yesterday was a wonderful day.



We did the hurry, hurry, hurry we are gonna be late for church thing. I think this is due to the fact that I was up until 1:00 in the morning, making sure my family was not gonna get blown away. Once we got to church though things were much better. I love the fact that I can go in sit down and just relax and listen.


After church I started getting things together for dinner that afternoon with my Mother, my Step-Mother, and my sisters. Before I got really started on that though, Logan took some pictures of me with the kids. Lets take a look at that photo session shall we.



Don't ask, I have no idea why he took this. If I had my guess it would be to annoy me though. :)


Finally a decent picture. I think I had to threaten them at this point. Always a lovely thing to do on Mothers Day.




Once every one got there we ate, and ate, and ate. Then the kids went to the pond to go fishing. While we were cleaning up and stuff Jessie comes up to the back door with this.




She wouldn't touch it so this is her Daddy holding it closer so I could get a picture.



Since there was some actually fish catching going on, I went down to the pond with my camera. Just in time to, because when I got there Justin had caught this.




Poor fishy had swallowed the hook. Syd helped cut the line.



Then Justin released it back into the pond, because you know we are into catch and release. Unless of course we are hungry for some catfish and then all bets are off. But today it was catch and release.



I think Jess is a little miffed that she didn't catch one that big.




Lets try again and see what we get. Wow it looks like a big one!


Ok maybe not. (by the way this is me holding the fish, I had to take the hook out)

Come on Jess, ya want to give it a little kissy? Ok maybe not. :)



It was a wonderful day :)


11 comments:

marky said...

You and your children are Beautiful!!!
the fishing pictures are just funny!

DD said...

So cute. Your kiddos are just as precious as can be!

j said...

Valarie Honey, I say this in ALL seriousness. You've got good hair. And so few ladies do these days, but yeah, yours is great.

And skinny Momma Hips.

And I love you anyway.

I glad your Mother's Day was blessed!

Jennifer

david mcmahon said...

Hook, line and sinker! And they're great (natural) family pictures!!

Tammy said...

What is it about kids and taking pictures that they just want to goof off? I mean, for the love, can't we moms have one serious photo? :-)

What a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

I love the faces that your daughter makes at the fish! Classic!

Blessings!
Lacy

mah-meeee said...

what a beautiful family!

you have hair to die for... how did you get the waves to behave so nicely? i always fail miserably whenever i try to get my waves to stay.

happy belated mother's day!

Meg said...

Your family is absolutely gorgeous!

Cassie said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had a good mother's day :)

concerned parent said...

You and your family are beautiful, I agree with Jennifer you do have great hair.

Kimmie said...

Awwww...all your photos are just precious Valerie! I love the girl photo shoot! And the tosies pic is great! Gina and I do photo shoots for the fun of it every once in awhile. I will have to pick some out and post them one of these days. She is hillareous with the camera.

Love the memories you captured on your lovely Mother's Day.
Hugs,
Kimmie