Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MOTHER NATURE AT HER BEST


Would you look at that!!



DSC_0339



What? You don't see anything? Well let me just get a close up.



DSC_0344



Pay no attention to the cob webs in the corner of my porch.


Lets focus on the honey bees.



DSC_0349



Lots and lots of honey bees! They have decided to take up residence in the vinyl siding that is the ceiling of my front porch.



Guess what? Beekeepers don't like messing with them when they get into the house. Now, they are not like flying around in my house, just living in the walls. So I am on my third beekeeper, hopefully he will call me back and we can get something done about this.


Now one beekeeper did give me one suggestion. He told me I could learn to live with them and then collect the honey as it runs down the rocks.


Hmmmmmm let me think.........Ummmmm No!


He was a very sweet man, and if I did not have Jessie freaking out on me because its right under her room, this might have been an ok idea.


So anyway if you are coming to my house, come to the backdoor or just be very careful and don't disturb my bees.


DSC_0343

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, honey! Yummy. A sting may be worth free honey!

DD said...

I prefer honey on my toast tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Oh no I would be freakin out!

Mike Golch said...

I'm sorry I'de be doing every thing I could to drive them away.one sting and it's off to the emergency room with me the same goes for wasps.

Texasholly said...

Oh my goodness! You need to read Claudia's blog: http://www.on-a-limb.com/

She is a beekeeper and might be able to help you figure something out. She recently "rescued" a whole bunch of bees and placed them into her colony.

That is sooooo crazy. See, all God's creatures are loving you too!

Rhea said...

Oh, no. No, no, no. NO bees in the walls. That's disturbing! I would start getting paranoid, thinking I was seeing them everywhere, feeling them on me, hearing their buzzing...ewww, I'm going to have bad dreams about this tonight.

Tammy said...

Can't you get one of those smoker thingies and mesmerize them right outta there?!

I mean a few is fine, but a few hundred might be too scary for words!

The Park Wife said...

Hey, you know honey made in the area you live in is very good for you, it builds up immunities and especiallyy helps with allergies. So, you can't get any closer than your porch, grab some honey and love a long, healthy, happy life (well, except for the occasional sting).hehe

The Park Wife

Dawn said...

I immediately started thinking about all the things I could do with all the free honey. You sure Jessie couldn't bunk elsewhere? (JK!)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Oh i would be freaked out I hate bees lol

The Southern Mom said...

Whoa...too scary for me! I like my honey in a jar! Good Luck!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Yeah, my daughter would be freaking out, too. You hear how honey bees are endangered. Why would they choose a silly place like that to build a colony. I hope you're able to get them moved.

MedStudentWife said...

kwel !!! If I had my druthers, I'd take bees over spiders, anytime ( except for those cute little jumping spiders)

j said...

So when I come by and comment and call you Honey.... that is actually quite appropriate.

Aren't Honey Bees good luck, or a sign for health, or something like that? They need to represent your family well, so that when your visitors get stung, you can reassure them with "Bees are a good omen!"

Then put a penny on the sting cause I heard that helps too.

I don't know what I'm saying. Your guess is as good as mine.

Did I tell you my daughter is about to be in High School? That kills brain cells.

Jennifer