Friday, May 9, 2008

MIRACLE EXFOLIANT???


I have been know to try some strange things for beauty. For instance, several Fridays back I talked about Coconut oil and its benefits. Well I tried it and used it for a while and the results, well, they were pretty good. I really could tell a difference in my skin, like the ditches between my eyes seemed to be becoming more like small ruts. I did stop using it though because my face all the sudden started having fine bumps on it. I don't think it was the coconut oil though, I think I may have put to much teatree oil in there. I used it for a nice fragrance. I love the smell of that stuff it reminds me of a spa. Anywho where was I? Oh yeah strange beauty treatments.

Well leave it to me to find some other beauty thing to try. You wont believe this, I can barely believe it.


Its a miracle cure for dry flaky skin. Its called Miracle Whip!!!! Yep you heard me right Miracle Whip!



You are supposed to put it on your face and then leave it there for like 10 minutes. After that you massage it in and it is supposed to exfoliate your skin. So I wonder if this will work?


Yall hold on a second, I will be right back I am gonna go try this.



(This is me with Miracle whip on my face. The things I do for yall)

Ok so its been on here for about 10 minutes now. I am supposed to go and massage it in, and then it will rub off in little balls. Then I am supposed to wash as normal. So lets see what happens then. (Seeing as I smell like cole slaw right now.) I'll be right back.



Alright, I 'm back. Well it actuall did slouth off like an exfoliant should, and my skin was well very very soft. My hands are pretty darn soft too from handling the stuff.


On a scale of 1 - 10, I think I am gonna give this stuff a 7. The results are not bad, if you can handle smelling like coleslaw for a while.


Actually as I am typing this my skin feels really good. It feels very soft, and it feels like its tightened up also. Hmmmmm very very interesting.



So if your brave enough to take a challenge. Go to the fridge or the store, get some Miracle Whip and slather the stuff on and let me know your results.


Again I know this all sounds strange, but look who is telling you all this. :)' (Plus its late, I have been up since 4:30, and we have been dealing with Tornadoes all day. So the stangeness comes out in me under these circumstances.)


For more Fight the Frump fashion and beauty tips go on over and visit Fussy and all the other wonderful Ladies.



15 comments:

j said...

I hope that you dealt with the tornados in an efficient and safe manner..... Everyone OK?

I don't eat mayo and I'm not sure if I could stomache the smell. I wonder if Bama Mayo would do. Cause that is our brand and we don't do Miracle whip. Which doesn't really matter cause I said I couldn't take the smell.

Yeah, I'm going to bed too.


Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Is that your bathroom? If so, it is gorgeous. Why don't you make the journey to my house and help me redesign mine? Seriously. You are just too cool.

I bet you never thought that you'd be called cool with Miracle Whip on your face, huh?

Well, that's just how suh-weet being seated at the popular table can be. Soak it up.

Excellent post. I'm so gonna try this. I may even email you pictures so you'll have some real good dirt on me.

Blessings!
Lacy

PhotoChick said...

How cool! My hairdresser was just telling me the wonders mayo can do for my hair... sounds like this stuff's worth it's weight in gold! YOU GO GIRL!!! I just loved this post :o)

I sent you an e-mail a day or 2 ago - let me know if you didn't get it & I'll be sure to re-send it.

Oh, yeah! One last thing! Would you mind if I 'stole' the Bloggers Prayer you have up? I just love it! It's so perfect!! (I seriously think some of those things all the time)

Much love to you and yours, God Bless, and HAPPY FRUMP FIGHTING! Muah!

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

And then you can make a sandwich!

Joy said...

Cute post- I don't know if I can handle the smell, but maybe the next time I have a cold...! BTW, cute header!

Dawn said...

So, sometimes I get distracted on blogs (just like in my everyday world) by the things in the background. Take, for instance, the backgrounds of pictures. I love the ceiling in whatever room (family room?) is in your picture.

Okay... back on track...

I'd never heard about using Miracle Whip on your face. Mayo on hair, though, really does work wonders.

Darla said...

I wonder if this would work for your feet???

Growin' with it said...

what a fabulously fun blog! thanks for stopping by mine! first off...the miracle whip? i'd break out like a pizza if i tried something like that! donnie osmond...never knew he had such gorgeous teeth! and the strawberry patch...no i'm craving some of those nummy berries and a day that i can actually break out the shorts and tank tops! too cold here still.

glad to have met ya...i'll be back!
~linda

tammi said...

Cool! I think the smell would get to me after a while though. Is this something you're supposed to do daily or just once a week? Once a week I could do. I'm going to try it right away, too.

Another great exfoliator is WHITE GLUE! You know those Bioré Pore Strips? It does the same thing PLUS it rips off all your dead skin. I do that at least twice a week, but it kinda hurts in some places, so I'm gonna see how the Miracle Whip does.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to do it when the kids weren't around. I can hear the stories now...

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if that was your kitchen. The ceiling is FANTASTIC!!

Enjoy your mayo. Remind me to not let you sweat by me monday, the smell from your pores would be overwhelming...ha :)

Have a good weekend,

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, hmmm. This is a new one!

We always used to eat Miracle Whip when I was a kid. But it never occurred to me to wear it on my face intentionally. I wonder if I spread the MW on some bread first, then just stuck the bread of my face I could reuse the bread in a sandwich after the treatment. Kind of a two for one approach. On second thought, no. That is gross.

Ok. Thanks for sharing this tip! I'll file it in my MAYBE file.

Happy day,
Melissa

Family O'Foxes said...

hmmm...never heard of this before. we don't do miracle whip in this house. would mayo work? I was thinking we have cool whip...that would smell good and taste good. hee hee!

~Amy

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Thanks for giving that a try and reporting back! I'm always trying crazy things like that, too. I'm going to see if I can go dig up some miracle whip! :)

Kimmie said...

I cannot imagine putting Miracle Whip on my face! I do not like the smell of it. Ick, Ick, and more Ick!!! LOL!

Now give me some Mary Kay or Oil Of Olay and I be a happy camper!

You are such a good sport Valerie! I tip my hat to you. :-)
Hugs,
Kimmie