Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FRO ME TO YOU CLASS OF 1991 AND 2008



I would like to just say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the nice things everyone said yesterday. Even though I cried pretty much anytime I read one of your comments. Jessie appreciates it also. She knows that you all said many kind things, but I don't know if she has read them yet. Yesterday when I showed them to her, she said "I can't I just can't read them right now". She said that with tears in her eyes, which then made me cry and thus continued "Sobfest 2008".



So in honor of Graduation, Sobfest 2008, and Fro me to you, I thought I would show you Logan, Jessie, and my graduation pictures. Lets start with.....hmmmm.......Logan yeah lets start with him this time. :o)


Look at him all handsome in his tux, at 17.



























Then there is me. Again could my hair get any bigger, and just look at those fried ends from all those spiral perms.


























Then look at what those two up there made. Our beautiful Jessie May (thats a nick name I call here)


























Now look at the three of us! Some 17 years and 10 months later. :o)






















They look happy here, but you should have seen Syd and L.L. on the way back to the car. I thought I was gonna have to seperate them, ok I did have to seperate them. Then on the way home, they were so sweet. I was sitting in the back with them and L.L. laid his head on my shoulder, and then Syd laid on his, and they slept that way all the way home.

























And here we all are one big happy family. :o)


















And here we are with my Mama.


















I threw this one in, because I just love this picture of Jessie and Emily. I don't think you can really tell that well on here, but it shows just how blue Emily's eyes are and Just how brown Jessie's are.

















So that was my blast from the way past and last night. I hope you enjoyed it. Hopefully, I will stop feeling all weepy sometime soon. I know, I know its a happy occasion. Its just that feeling of the final stage of childhood, and this was one of the last big things on the list.


For somemore and possibly less tear filled Fro me to you head on over to Kristens site. Tell you just came from Sobfest 2008.



28 comments:

j said...

Y'all are such a gorgeous family! Really Valarie, y'all just look happy!

I'm glad that you have recovered a bit - at tleast in the photos your eyes weren't blood shot and your nose wasn't sniffy red. And may I say your hips looked MAH-velous in that frock!

Time flies though... the pics of you and Logan show that. It just doesn't seem that long ago to me either.

Take care Valarie. Just think...It'll be a while before you do this again!

Jennifer

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

SWEETHEART...unless you do plan to continue to pay for everything...you should be "CELEBRATING!" you just got a raise! LOL!

OK~I jest don't get to excited that really doesn't happen till thier married off!

Your pix wiht the thought of my firstborn in only 8 yrs that I'm sure fly by...makes me weepy!

NOW~STOP IT and humor us PLEASE!

Congrats again!

marky said...

Congrats to your Daughter!!!
She is stunning! Love the High School pix of you and your dh! Love that your hair barely fit into the frame LOL WE (including myself here)loved our big hair!
I especially like the family picture, what a beautiful family you are!!

Lisa said...

Hey all you people in Bloggerville, don't let Valarie fool ya. She did fine! It wasn't obvious that she was blubbery at all. :) The evening went fine. (Valarie was only ALMOST late.) I even managed to snag a few pics of Val when she wasn't looking. (Yeah. I love doing that.) I'll try to hijack the blog later today or tomorrow and show you all the fun.

Valarie Lea from Tennessee....ya done good.

Lisa

Kristen said...

You have a gorgeous family!

And your hubby looked so much like Doogie Houser.

I graduated in 1991 too! And you look so adorable, especially with your perm.

I hope you guys had a special night and remember, this isn't an ending, it's a beginning!

Thanks for participating!

Crazy in Alabama said...

I love Logan's mullet! I have a pic of matt at his graudation with the exact same style!! Hilarious!!
You haven't changed one bit...except for the big permed hair...LOL!

DD said...

good job mammmaa! And now its over and you know you can survive it so its off to college we go. I cant tell you how many parents have said dropping them off for the first day of college was harder than graduation day. Its sweet that she got teared up, it means she appreciates you. :)

Darla said...

What a gorgeous family you have. I can't imagine the day my son graduates. I may lock myself in the closet and never come out.

marigold said...

Y'all were so CUTE in high school! Some day your beautiful girl will post pictures of her high school graduation on a "Fro me to you!"

Gina said...

Hi Valerie! We are about the same age- I graduated in '89. It was fun to see your senior pic! BIG HAIR. Oh, my.
I have to say- I had a hard time picking you out in the pics because you look just like one of your kids! Instead of the mom you look like the sister!! You go girl!
I am just blog-hopping from Lacy's blog!
Come visit me if you get the chance!
:-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!
I had a spiral perm too. :)
And sobfest? Count me in. I totally teared up!

Valarie said...

Congratulations to you daughter! I know it's bitter-sweet for you. Blessings ~ Val

Mama Smurf said...

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have such a great lookin family.
Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Y'all could be the poster family for one of those photography studios!!!

I'm not kidding -- you are all gorgeous!

Blessings to you and congratulations again!

Lacy

Mike Golch said...

Valarie,you have a great looking family.I thank you for sharing these with us.

Her's a big box of kleenix for the sob fest.I know wht my sister went thru whe her daughter became a grown yp.and how great my neice looked on her wedding day.back in 2003.

Alicia said...

Congratulations! You made it! Your daughter is beautiful and so are you. Enjoy the tears; this moment will never come again and you should be so proud.

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Everyone looks so happy all the time; I'm glad you put the car skirmish ordeal in so I know you are for real!!!

Congrats to the grad and her parents.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Your family is just beautiful. And I see that you're one of THOSE people who look even better after high school.

I cry already at the thought of my kids graduating and they're only 6 and 2.

Aimee said...

What a beautiful family! - thanks for sharing all of the grad pix.

And for the record, I am totally jealous of the awesome height and curl on your bangs. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how sad it must be to have your little girl graduate. I cry just at the thought of sending my oldest to Kindergarten. Hang in there!

Liza on Maui said...

Thank you for sharing these photos - yes I enjoyed them.

And I also have a photo with a big hair, perm and all. One of these days it will emerge in the Sincerely Fro' Me To You carnival :)

Congratulations to your graduate (and you too :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations! So much is ahead for all of you. It'ss funny how when one graduates its as if the whole family does as well. Another chapter opens up. Hope it's a good one!

Tammy said...

What a lovely family!

I am loving the tuxedo photo!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! This is my first visit. Congrats to your daughter... enjoyed her slideshow post as well. Great "old school" photos too!! Love the "business in the front, party in the back" mullet. :) Come and visit me sometime. We're having a great time over at One Wired Woman. :) ~Jill

Anonymous said...

I couldn't comment yesterday because you had me choked up, but I can handle it better today. Jessie is beautiful and she sure takes after the both of you. Looks like she was the belle of the ball.

And the Logan's. Who are they looking at in the family photo? Why can't they cooperate? Does it just come with the name?

:)

Lorie said...

What a Whirlwind week you are having! Dont forget to visit me. I have some news to share with you sometime!! LOved the video, the pictures and of course your way fo storytelling!!!
I love ya, Lorie

Texasholly said...

What a beautiful family! Oh so sweet. What a happy time that makes mommies cry. Congratulations...